Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Emotional Rollercoaster

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As some of you may know last week I met up with this lad who I had met online and things went great. Since then we've met up three more times but since we went out on Monday he's been blowing hot and cold.

I don't know where I stand with him - one minute he seems really keen and he's talking about us going away for a dirty weekend etc and the next he's ignoring me. I don't know where I stand with him.

I've asked him outright if he's just in it for sex and he's assured me he isn't, and if he was he wouldn't waste his time 'cos he knows I'm not like that. However, I've suggested stuff we can fo this weekend and he isn't keen 'cos it involves actually spending time together talking rather than getting frisky.

To put things into perspective I asked if he wanted to go out tonight and he said yes, he would take me to his office and have me on his desk. I don't even think he was joking to be honest, which worries me.

We met on Faceparty and although he said he fancies me and he's not looking to date anyone else, he is always logged in and updating his profile and uploading pictures... what else can he be doing except chatting to women?!

I just want to stress that I know he isn't my boyfriend and I know I shouldn't expect to see him everyday or whatever, but all this blowing hot and cold has left me confused and agitated with him, I feel like I'm having my emotions trampled all over.

Ah, that felt good to get my feelings out actually!

Comments

• Options
    just be careful. i'm worried you're pinning all your hopes on this guy.

see, you have been lucky with men thus far. i think your ex was your first boyfriend (?) and it lasted so long. for most of us we trawl through a whole load of crappy relationships before we find something as special as you two had. and you can find that with someone else, i know you can. but don't expect it to happen overnight.

this new guy might turn out to be the love of your life. he could. but he could also be giving you the run-around, and i feel like you're a lot more open to being hurt atm.

so basically what i'm saying is, don't invest too much in him too soon.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    so basically what i'm saying is, don't invest too much in him too soon.

I hear you loud and clear. I know what you're saying is right, I really do, its just difficult to follow the advice!
  • Options
    I'm not being much help here, but I soooo know what you mean about the faceparty thing...uploading pics and updating the profile. It's horrible, especially when you think you mean something to the other person.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Joolyknockers
    I'm not being much help here, but I soooo know what you mean about the faceparty thing...uploading pics and updating the profile. It's horrible, especially when you think you mean something to the other person.

I shouldn't get jealous, we're not going out, but I can't help but wonder how many other women he's saying the same stuff to! He's just told me he's going to bed for example but I was looking at his profile just now and he's still online and just logged into faceparty. If he doesn't want to chat he should just say!
  • Options
    take it easy, have fun and don't start getting attached. So soon after a long relationship, the last thing you need is to get into something heavy. Keep it casual, play a bit hard to get and keep him on his toes.
  • Options
    Relax bumblebee and don't let him get you so het up. Hot/cold moods are damn annoying i know. Some men seem to have a degree in how to do it but then some really don't mean to. Others factors can pop up and make it difficult and sometimes the easy option is to just not deal with it.

Although like Kaffrin i'd be really cautious about throwing yourself into this one as you're still obviously hurting from your breakup with your ex. Just be really careful that you're not rebounding before you get yourself emotionally involved with this one. He does sound like he's playing a game of some sorts i must admit but there's really not much you can do apart from cool off and just let him wonder for a change what you're up to.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Carolina
    there's really not much you can do apart from cool off and just let him wonder for a change what you're up to.
    I agree but then I'm scared that he'll lose interest if I fail to remind him I exist! :(
  • Options
    If he loses interest that quickly then I'm guessing he's just out for a quick and easy shag.
  • Options
    if he loses interest, then take it as a good thing and enjoy singledom!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I agree but then I'm scared that he'll lose interest if I fail to remind him I exist! :(

If he does lose interest so quickly then it will be obvious that he's only it for one thing, and that certainly isn't your insightful conversation.

Calm, relax, take it slowly. Don't always be available, it really does send bad signals- either you're desperate or up for sex and not much else.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    If he does lose interest so quickly then it will be obvious that he's only it for one thing, and that certainly isn't your insightful conversation.

Calm, relax, take it slowly. Don't always be available, it really does send bad signals- either you're desperate or up for sex and not much else.

Ah, thank you... you're always the voice of reason.

I'm also grateful to have a few male opinions! :)
  • Options

That's always the worry when playing it cool. Although look at it like this;

Why the fuc* should you do all the worrying/chasing!! Who made him God. No one.

Moral of the above rant, if he loses interest then he obviously wasn't too bothered because if you like someone you don't just switch off and forget about them. If he does like you then he'll realize. Simple as. We're always afraid of the outcome when cooling off as deep down sometimes we already suspect the answer. Although i have been wrong and paranoid a fair few times :) *shrugs*
  • Options
    Take it one step at a time, and don't do anything you're not comfortable with. I'm txting someone at the moment, and if I mention anything other than what he wants to talk about, he ignores it and it's annoying. I don't know how long I'll put up with it.
  • Options
    Don't get you hopes high. You don't know him long enough or that well, you can't REALLY trust him. It seems that your looking more towards a relationship and he's looking more towards having fun. Becareful 'cuz you'll end up getting hurt. Maybe you should give it some time?
  • Options
    i used to really like this guy, he liked me apparently but i was always the one to have to text or talk to him and it had to be wen he could be bothered. in the end i figured i was gonna wait for him to text or call me and make an effort for once. he didnt but then i figured he wasnt worth getting upset over.
    basically wot im saying is if he cant make an effort to see u for the fantastic girl im sure u r rather doing u on his desk, then hes not worth botherig about
  • Options
    I dont think me and you will work out.... dont get me wrong i like you, and im not gonna babble on with all of the i think your great n all of that nonsense and say its not you its me etc.... i just dont think we're right for each other.

Well, I think that says it all really.
  • Options
    *big hug for BB, well that explains a lot of his behaviour :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Carolina
    *big hug for BB, well that explains a lot of his behaviour :(
    Yeah, well his loss! I could let it get me down and start thinking there is something wrong with me but I know there isn't and I'm a fun enough person to be with. We're just in different places I suppose! Ah well. :)
  • Options
    Yeah, well his loss! I could let it get me down and start thinking there is something wrong with me but I know there isn't and I'm a fun enough person to be with. We're just in different places I suppose! Ah well. :)

*Nods* you are right :D.
  • Options
    Plenty more pebbles on the beach darlink. ;)