Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

tanning

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this is prob more beauty but anywho...
does anyone know if you can use fake tan while going on a sunbed ie : will the sunbeds still work ?

Comments

• Options
    can i just ask....whats the point?
  • Options
    eh good point :crazyeyes
    Ive just started using the sun beds for the first time cos I normally burn(like bright painful red) really easily & im going on hols in two months so i dont wanna burn & everyone said do sunbeds first so you get a good base & dont burn....But got a wedding to go to nxt wkd & i wanna use fake tan for that ! make sense ?
  • Options
    yep

you should just keep using fake tan though, and lots of sun cream...save your skin a bit :)
  • Options
    well thanks for your help !
    i know i shouldnt be using sun beds, save my skin & all that but ive already made the decision so i just wanted to know if you can do both !
  • Options
    what the fuck? :mad:

thats you off my christmas card list

rarr
  • Options
    No point in doing both, you'll look stupid! Very orange, so :no: i wouldnt.
  • Options
    you can do both. I sometimes use a sunbed, to get a base tan. I dont use it very often though, and sometimes when I go out I put self tan on my legs to even them up, because my legs usually dont go as brown as the rest of my body.
    fake tan wont provide any sun protection so the sunbed will still work. All that will happen is that when the fake tans worn off you wont notice as much because youll have real tan underneath.