Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Got a bastard of a little burn on my finger

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So at work on Sunday I burnt my hand in some boiling hot curry sauce.

My finger got the worst of it, got a massive blister just beneath my nail, and somebody told me to burst it, which I did.

Now it's Tuesday and the wound is open, I've been told not to put a plaster on it despite the fact that it's an open wound, but I wear a plastic glove when I'm working.

Is there anything I can get in the meantime, because it stings like a motherfucker, and I don't want it to get infected.

Cheers in advance :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Soak it in milk for fifteen minutes. The fattier the milk, the more effective it will be. the fat in the milk forms a natural emollient covering type thing on your skin. Milk works much better than water because water pulls the excess moisture out of the skin and treating a burn with water requires the additional aplication of an emollient. If you ever get a larger burn, soak gauze or cloth in milk. After that, get a bag of frozen vegetables on the burn (smaller vegetables like peas and corn work best). Crushed ice cubes wrapped in a thin towel also can work. the ice helps to constrict blood vessels, which reduces swelling and inflammation. Hold it on there for at least 15 minutes. Hope it heals soon ;)
  • Options
    NHS Direct Self Care

It might already have become infected - you really should not have popped the blister, it is there to stop infection by cushioning the burnt area of skin allowing it time to heal - when you burst the blister you remove the open wound protection. =/
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    Soak it in milk for fifteen minutes. The fattier the milk, the more effective it will be. the fat in the milk forms a natural emollient covering type thing on your skin. Milk works much better than water because water pulls the excess moisture out of the skin and treating a burn with water requires the additional aplication of an emollient. If you ever get a larger burn, soak gauze or cloth in milk. After that, get a bag of frozen vegetables on the burn (smaller vegetables like peas and corn work best). Crushed ice cubes wrapped in a thin towel also can work. the ice helps to constrict blood vessels, which reduces swelling and inflammation. Hold it on there for at least 15 minutes. Hope it heals soon ;)

Nurse Michelle :D

.. I'm ready for my sponge bath
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Nurse Michelle :D

.. I'm ready for my sponge bath

*puts on nurse outfit* :naughty:

*throws sponge at you* Have fun cleanin!! ;):lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell

You always have the best natural aid tips, don't you? Good going, madam!