Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Painful?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:
My friend has recently just slept with her boyfriend for the first time and she said that it really hurt. Is this the same for everyone?! Im scared now! But then again she said when her bf did other stuff to her it hurt too and she was surprised when I told her that it didnt for me. Am thinkin of sleeping with my bf but am worried cos so many people say its so painful! I really want to and that wouldnt hole me back incase it was really painful but what level of pain are we talkin bout here on a scale of 1-10?! :eek: Help!
:confused:

Comments

• Options
    It varies from person to person, really. Personally it hurt a bit for me, but it wasn't like pain it was more discomfort and it went away. Make it as comfortable for yourself as you can, talk to your boyfriend about it, make sure you aren't going to be nervous and that you're both truly ready and the golden rule - lubricate. Don't expect fireworks but honestly, don't worry about it...afterall if it hurt so much, people wouldn't do it!
  • Options
    It's only painful like hell if your boyfriend doesn't take the time to help you relax and become fully aroused before he enters. If you're not lubricated enough, the friction burn'll drive you up the wall. It only hurts a wee bit, it's NOT unbearable, it's a bit of discomfort all lasses have to suffer is they want sex in the future.

It's really worth it though in the end. If you aren't going to be as relaxed as you want, you really should invest in KY Jelly. Let me stress this, VASELINE IS NOT A CHEAP ALTERNATIVE! It'll ruin your condoms to smithereens. On the subject of condoms I do hope you and your man have discussed Birth Control, if not, you really shouldn't be having sex if you would be so irresponsible.

ETA - The discomfort your friend was on about when he did "Other Stuff" was probably the pain from him entering prolonging; your vagina'll be a bit tender from being stretched when it hasn't been so forcefully stretched like before. That's completely normal, your lower half'll be a bit tender as well as you'll be using muscles you wouldn't normally use so often too. So bear this in mind, and make sure your boyfriend is completely considerate to you, this is a big thing, emotionally and physically! You need him to realise this.

Good luck!
  • Options
    It starts out being painful for lots of people, but if he is considerate- eg stops/slows down if its getting too much for you, and if you do lots of foreplay before to get you physically ready for it, you should be OK. (for some people its not painful at all)
    It'll get better with time too- it always does!
    The amount of pain varies from girl to girl, and it's affected by the guy too (how he does it, size etc). Your friend sounds unlucky and I'm not sure what I'd do in her situation, but don't let it scare you- it might not hurt you at all.
    Have fun whatever you do!
  • Options
    I know everyone sez that the first isnt that good! I couldn't really see it being 'PAINFUL'- thats a strong word! Not too worried about it just wonderin I suppose considerin my mate used the word pain! Thought oh no! Ok thanx! Once you get into the swing of things will be fine! :naughty:
  • Options
    I do hope you and your man have discussed Birth Control
    Yeah I started the pill about a week ago and will always make sure that he wears a condom too! Im not chancing anythin! Yeah I think my mate was unlucky, sed she felt uncomfortable the next day too. It will vary from person to person thought so i better be one of the good ones! ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by angel_2004
    Yeah I started the pill about a week ago and will always make sure that he wears a condom too! Im not chancing anythin! Yeah I think my mate was unlucky, sed she felt uncomfortable the next day too. It will vary from person to person thought so i better be one of the good ones! ;)

It will feel a bit uncomfortable for a few days, just take plenty paracetamol and try not to squat too much :p
  • Options
    It varies. Just make sure he wears a condom, it wont hurt as much and it'll be easier to get in. :)
  • Options
    I guess I was lucky for my first time, it didnt hurt at all. But I think that was cos he wasnt the biggest guy around. The next guy I shagged was a lot bigger and it hurt like hell tho:(

But yes, make sure you have lots of forplay to make sure your wet enough and then do what feel rights. I dnt advise just shagging straight away with out playiong about first cos tbh that can hurt.
  • Options
    I was even luckier (not meaning to show off or anything) but my boyfriend is a fair size :D but it still didn't hurt at all. So basically it doesn't have to hurt!
    I'm lucky.
    I love him!
  • Options
    Mine hurt a bit. I think it's normal. It's not enuf to put you off!
  • Options
    Hey angel_2004, as you already know im in a similar situation with my blokey, im kinda nervous (as its unknown) but i want to and i know he'll be considerate to my needs so thats all good...size wise im abit nervous (not braggin here) as hes not the smallest....

...then again i was talking to one of my friends who just slept with her bf for the first time and she said hes a similar size to my bloke...she said it didnt hurt at all so thats good...made me feel abit happier...

...i think the more time you take with foreplay etc the better it will be...:naughty:
  • Options
    [FONT]

Yeah I think that size duz matter but you also have to be ready for it eg. turned on enough! Not just right lets give it ago (like sum1 else i sed to u bout nikks!) LoL! :lol:

Think when the time is right it can be really special. :heart: I want the candles and rose petals etc! Should I mention this to the guy im seeing or not?! :rolleyes: I think this would be nice for my first time but then would be nice if he thought of it himself. But he might not cos ive obviously not sed anythin to him? Any thoughts? :confused:

[/FONT]
  • Options
    ...i think the more time you take with foreplay etc the better it will be...

Yep definately!! :naughty:
  • Options

Think when the time is right it can be really special. :heart: I want the candles and rose petals etc! Should I mention this to the guy im seeing or not?!

Yea, but dnt make it obvious, mention it in conversation about sex, say you love all that romantic stuff with roes and candles blah blah blah, men arnt mind readers and in my experiance not as romantic as most girls want them to be.
  • Options

[FONT]
    Yeah I think that size duz matter but you also have to be ready for it eg. turned on enough! Not just right lets give it ago (like sum1 else i sed to u bout nikks!) LoL! :lol:

Think when the time is right it can be really special. :heart: I want the candles and rose petals etc! Should I mention this to the guy im seeing or not?! :rolleyes: I think this would be nice for my first time but then would be nice if he thought of it himself. But he might not cos ive obviously not sed anythin to him? Any thoughts? :confused:
    [/FONT]

Lol...yeah no names mentioned there lol...sorry but i think she made a bit of a mistake just saying...okay lets give it a go... and also when she said to you you couldnt sleep with your bf until she had with hers...:rolleyes: ..some people eh?!

Yeah i must admit i'd quite like the candles myself but without me having to hint to him or tell him...mind you he already knows i love candles as i have about 60 at the last count in my room! But then again my bf thinks their a fire hazard (his dad is a fireman) :rolleyes: :( lol...i like surprises though so im hoping he'll surprise me with somthing romantic...;) I dont know whether you should tell him i think it depends on how romantic a person he is; if he is then he'll pro'lly think of it himself without any hinting from your part being needed! (Great!):naughty:
  • Options
    dnt make it obvious

I wouldnt make it obvious! If I tell him it wouldnt be the same. Would just have to drop a hint and hope he goes with it! Hes really sweet so hopefully he'll catch on! :heart:
  • Options
    also when she said to you you couldnt sleep with your bf until she had with hers... ..some people eh?!

NIKKI!!! Its a good job no names were mentioned! Sayin taht she doesnt even go on this site, or the Internet v.much for that matter but still, NIKKI!!! LOL!!:lol:

Yeah think that for sum1 to say to their friend that they cant sleep with their bf b4 they sleep with theirs is pathetic!
    :shocking:
  • Options
    NIKKI!!! Its a good job no names were mentioned! Sayin taht she doesnt even go on this site, or the Internet v.much for that matter but still, NIKKI!!! LOL!!:lol:

Yeah think that for sum1 to say to their friend that they cant sleep with their bf b4 they sleep with theirs is pathetic!
    :shocking:

Lol...exactly my thinking..sorry em i just Had to mention that ....and No names where mentioned so... :p ...

...actually thinking about it my bf accidentally mentioned he needed to buy candles and when i said i thought you said they were a fire hazard he replied with...they wont be when i use them..and then oh s*** i wasnt supposed to say ought to you...lol...so i have fingers crossed :naughty:;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    I really hurt the first time I had sex but I think that was because I wasn't ready for it.

If you are comfortable and ready to have sex then things should go fine. Just tell your boyfriend that you are a little scared, I'm sure he will understand

Im hoping I'll be okay but every womans pain level is different - if you know what i mean - i think it will probably feel more uncomfortable than painful..or am i mistaken :eek: (stressed what do you think?)

Yeah my bf knows that i want to but im abit scared in a sense...my main reasoning of being scared is because of all of the horror stories i have heard and also because it is so new and unknown.
  • Options
    Originally posted by crazyeechick
    ..then again i was talking to one of my friends who just slept with her bf for the first time and she said hes a similar size to my bloke...

Does everyone talk to their friends about their blokes "size" or is it just me who doesn't??!! :eek2:

Anywhoo...well my first time wasn't painful, just abit uncomfortable cos it's something new etc and my ex made it really special for the both of us..:heart:...and also he was really slow and gentle etc which made the whole experience a pretty good one! ;)

Just tell him to take it slow etc, use plenty of lube, NOT VASELINE, and enjoy!! :naughty:

Ooohh, look at the date...a year tomorrow since I lost my virginity!! :D
  • Options
    A little late, but these links may help:
    Painful sex
    Fear of first-time sex being painful
    :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by **grunge gurl**
    Does everyone talk to their friends about their blokes "size" or is it just me who doesn't??!! :eek2:

well no i dont normally...shes a gd mate and it just came up in the conversation we were having at the time! The content of my conversations arent normally about that! Lol
  • Options
    Re: Painful?!
    I really want to and that wouldnt hole me back

Can't believe no one's picked up on that yet :naughty: