Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What happened after the 'Guys opinions wanted aswell! ' post

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well guess what! To who read and replied to my 'Guys Opionions wanted aswell' post, me and the guy I was seeing are off. Yep! Finished, finito, cuput, over before it was even official. It may help to read the 'Guys opinions ...' post before this one if you havent. :)

:nervous: Basically his job interview is thurs, he's so gunna get it and id prob 99.9% he will and so will be leaving so apart from me being gutted about that, he tells me that he wants things to stop between us. I dont know where this has come from cos things were going well, nothin too serious, and we both (or so he said to me!) like eachother, and he wasnt off with me before he said. The only thing I can think of is that maybe he doesnt see the point in it carrying on if hes going to leave. :(

Im really upset and dont really know what to do. :mad: We kinda had an argument by text tho, beforehand cos he was sayin how he just wants to get away and obviously that gets to me cos i like him and hes made me happy the past couple of months. So basically the last text i sent said good luck for your interview and it was nice while it lasted. Im scared that this really is the end and dont know what to do. No way can I contact him, especially not when he sed he doesnt want anythin else to happen with us. Do you think i should even text on the day of his interview?

Im hoping that with us not textin or anythin he'll miss me. I dont know. Feel like hell rite now. Anyone got any advice on what I should do? This cant be the end.:crying:

Comments

• Options
    Well, if you look at it another way, he's probably trying to keep from hurting you by breaking it off now... he's not ready to be in a relationship and is probably still getting over his ex (even if he says he's over her) and also wanting to move. Since he has the mentality that he wants to leave and have a fresh start somewhere else, it isn't going to work with y'all... and prolonging the end will just make it worse. And you deserve to have someone who wants to be with you and is happy enough with themselves and where they are in life to be in a relationship with you, and that's not how this guy is.

I would hold off contacting him for a while. Also, don't you work with him? (or did I make that up?). In that case I would just wait until after the interview is over and ask him how it went the next time that you see him.

I know that it hurts now, but there really will be other guys out there who can give you what you're looking for more than he can. And while it may not be the "end" for you two, you should think of it as if it is... that way you can try to move on with your life instead of dwelling on it.
  • Options
    Yeah I do work with him so is more than likely I will see him on friday. Think I will leave it until he gets in touch with me, thats if he does. Really have a laugh together which is annoying. Before anything happened with us I had a feeling it would, and even now I kinda have a little feeling its not the end. The other part of me is thinkin dont be stupid get over it! Suppose only time will tell and now unfortunately im in the 'feeling down' stage!

I really want him to be happy but also really dont want him to leave. Think that if he stayed and we didnt have the dilemma of him leaving, things would happen with us. Its only been two months and we just seem to get on so well. Am used to thinking about him and speaking to him a lot so weird to try and stop myself from doing so.

Oh! Im pissed off rite now! Beginning to wish I hadnt got involved. Not felt like this for anyone before. Oh well not much I can do now.
    Thanx for ur advice x