Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

icky stuff... like throwing up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok i am sorry for the extreme ickyness of this, but i'm kinda scared. i threw up and there was blood in it. not alot, but some. like enough for me to tell what it was. my parents are gone for the weekend and i'm not sure what is wrong. thats never happened before. i am going to the doctor on monday for other things and i'll ask them about it then, but does anybody have any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Re: icky stuff... like throwing up
    Originally posted by my_name
    ok i am sorry for the extreme ickyness of this, but i'm kinda scared. i threw up and there was blood in it. not alot, but some. like enough for me to tell what it was. my parents are gone for the weekend and i'm not sure what is wrong. thats never happened before. i am going to the doctor on monday for other things and i'll ask them about it then, but does anybody have any ideas?

Well I don't know what it could be..you can throw up blood for various reasons.. anyway.. If it is still there tomorrow I suggest you go to the hospital,

good luck..
  • Options
    Ok.
    1st stupid question - have you eaten anything that is red? It sounds stupid, yes, but it can look like blood.

2nd stupid question - when you say blood, what colour? Bright red? Or dark kinda tar-like?

Are you currently ill/feverish (basically, do you have any idea why you were sick?)
  • Options
    Why don't you give NHS direct a call this evening, rather than waiting to see you doctor tomorrow - you can call them on 08454647.

On their website they have a self help guide that maybe of some use, but will probably just tell you what I've written above.... give them a call.

Self help guide - throwing up

Hope this helps, and you're feeling better again soon.

Love Lu x
  • Options
    i threw up what i thought was blood but doctor said it was actually just my stomach because the lining was raw- red after me overdosing on alcohol and greasy food in ibiza.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lucy
    Why don't you give NHS direct a call this evening, rather than waiting to see you doctor tomorrow - you can call them on 08454647.

'Cos she's American.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Smash
    Ok.
    1st stupid question - have you eaten anything that is red? It sounds stupid, yes, but it can look like blood.

2nd stupid question - when you say blood, what colour? Bright red? Or dark kinda tar-like?

Are you currently ill/feverish (basically, do you have any idea why you were sick?)

i hadn't eaten anything red, chocolate actually. and it was like the color red when you cut yourself, but a smidgen darker. i could taste it and it was definatly a blood taste :/

and since then it kinda hurts to swallow (so eat) and smoke.

but thanks everybody. i'll just ask the doctor about it tomorrow.
  • Options
    you might have torn your osophaegus (sp?) If youve thrown up a lot recently, thats a risk.