Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

changing pill brands

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I did a search of this topic, but couldnt really find what i was looking for, so....

Ive been on the mini pill (micronor) since mid december last year and its totally messed up my periods. I know irregularities are to be expected in the first few months, but a 5 day period about every 2 weeks is just too much and too painful for me :(

Does changing the brand of pill really make a difference? Ive been thinking about stopping taking the pill altogether, but im on it for contraceptive purposes and i dont exactly fancy getting pregnant right now. Right now stopping it and going back to "normal" seems like a REALLY good idea. Im gonna try and go to the doctor this week, but i was just wondering how much of a difference changing the brand of pill can make, as i reckon that is what she will suggest.

This post seems a bit random, maybe i just needed a moan. Sorry. But thanks for any info/input!

ps. :crying: owww...it really fucking hurts. i hate being a girl!!!

Comments

• Options
    Is there a reason you are on the mini-pill? Maybe going on the combined pill would make a diff?
  • Options
    yeah, thought about that and spoke about it with the doctor....immediate family members have had breast cancer and dvt...so it was decided the mini pill was the way forward
  • Options
    *gone*