Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Right forum.....wrong forum, I dunno ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Tatoos do they really hurt ?
I want one but im a soft shite and scared of the pain. Is it really 'that' painful ?
I want a one on my shoulder, just a little un but im scared stiff to get one.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Right forum.....wrong forum, I dunno ?

Health! :p

I've not had a tattoo myself but from what I've heard they hurt like hell. Depends on your pain threshold though I guess!
  • Options
    I got one a few years back with a girl i was with.

Guess you feel it when the needle first goes in and when they first start but after a while i found my arm just went numb.

I think im quite tolorant to that kind of pain though i sat quite happily watching the guy do it all the way through but for someone else it could be a nightmare.

You will know yourself if you can handle it really, if you have got these kind of fears and think you will flip out dont bother but if you think you could sit through it go for it i say!

Just make sure you go to a proper place and have one you know you wont end up hating later on!
  • Options
    Hey, at least you're already old and wrinkly so you don't have to worry about them stretching or losing shape :razz:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Hey, at least you're already old and wrinkly so you don't have to worry about them stretching or losing shape :razz:

Im not wrinkly :(

If I tell you i can bear getting my legs waxed does that help ? like if I can bear that can i bear a tattoo ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Digital-Emotion
    Just make sure you go to a proper place and have one you know you wont end up hating later on!

yeah i know where Id go for it, its a reputable place.

My hubby reckons it will kill me but i think he's just saying that so I dont get one. Even if i did get one it would only be a small thing on my shoulder.
  • Options
    Well when you go to a blood test at the doctors are you ok with needles then?

If you are theres no reason why you cant do it.
  • Options
    like what digital said, after a while it just kinda goes numb and you can't feel it much. and it depends on the place too. on my leg and back i didn't feel it much at all but when i had one close to my navel it was kinda painful. i've heard lower back when it crosses your spine is kinda hurty too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Digital-Emotion
    Well when you go to a blood test at the doctors are you ok with needles then?

If you are theres no reason why you cant do it.

Oh yeah, as long as i dont look :D

when I was pregnant i had iron injections and they are real barstewards, i was black and blue after.

cheers, I might just get one now :D

Tara im of to bed :)
  • Options
    Yeah you should be fine with it on your shoulder.

Good luck!

Dont let the other half put you off!

i was pestered by my girl about getting one done because she was thinking about getting one too, i wasnt really bothered about getting one until then but soon as i had it done i was glad i did.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    i've heard lower back when it crosses your spine is kinda hurty too.

:yes:

and at the back of your hips, if you have bony hips :( it's ok though. i could take it. i'm hardcore and stuff.

the biker guy who was ahead of me cried. i chuckled.

it's very different to blood test pain, or waxing pain though. blood tests don't even register on the pain scale in comparison. waxing hurts, yeah, but it hurts for about a second at a time. this is continuous pain for longer (over an hour with me - i wish i'd gone numb!).
  • Options
    I don't care how much they hurt, i'm getting some done :)
  • Options
    i want one too but i think i should wait a few years so i dont get killed by the parents
  • Options
    KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    If they hurt that bad why would so many people get em done?

Yeah, base of spine hurts like hell cos theres so many nerve endings there. No-one told me that beforehand tho...

There was this huge bloke covered in tats looking at me getting mine done and he made that backward whistling sound and said, 'oh well, at least women take the pain better than men'.

So there you go.
  • Options
    I got mine on the my lower back, right on me spine which I ain't going to lie about - It did hurt... tho wasn't the pain that got to me, it was this annoying feeling I had that made me want to pull away from.

Hard to Explain! :eek2:

Tips, how I got through it: Chew gum and try and concentrate on something else in the room... like counting the tiles on the floor etc.
    That's what I did.

Though you say you want it on your arm, which I heard aint as bad, as my sister got on on her spine, same as me and one on her shoulder which she found was alot more bearable. Sooo.... Good Luck Hun!!

Xxx