Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

shoes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone have a pair of these ? if yes....do they stay on your feet quite easily? i love them but i get the feelings they would come flying off. and does anyone have these ?

Comments

• Options
    long long ago when i was like 12 i used to have a pair very similar to the first ones. they stay on quite well unless you are playing soccer.
  • Options
    I have a couple of pairs of the first type you posted, and I find them really comfy, I know mine anyway are kind of moulded...so your feet don't just slip out of them, especially when you get a bit sweaty in the summer (come on, you know it's true!). I'd definitely recommend them, they are comfy and very importantly, they're cute as hell ;)

As for the second pair, I can't say I have anything identical, but the knotted toe bit looks like it could be a bit awkward. However, I've had normal pairs of flip flops with the toe thong and they've been fine...I guess it's a bit of a risk, don't think they look horribly uncomfortable though! Happy shopping!
  • Options
    i like the first style better but i thought they may slip off and the second style have the toe but so look like they would stay on better
  • Options
    Yeah, probably right that the toe thingy (articulate!) would keep them on better and seems to be a definite plus provided it doesn't rub or hurt at all. For what it's worth, the ones I have the same as the first are really comfy, and whilst they're not as steadfast on my feet as a pair of trainers or the like, they don't slip off easily. Is all... :D
  • Options
    BIRKENSTOCKS! :heart:

Yeh, I've got the first pair in white. I love them, they're so comfortable and no, they don't fall off your feet at all. As Briggi said, they have like imprinted moulds so your feet fit them. They're great, well worth the money! :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    BIRKENSTOCKS! :heart:

Yeh, I've got the first pair in white. I love them, they're so comfortable and no, they don't fall off your feet at all. As Briggi said, they have like imprinted moulds so your feet fit them. They're great, well worth the money! :thumb:

thats what i like to hear :) think i shall be getting myself a pair of those when i get paid :D

where have people got them from? i looked yesterday but i couldnt see them in many shops which i thought was a bit weird
  • Options
    oooh Office! That shop has just opened up in town, its wkd! I would reccomend shoes from there :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman

where have people got them from? i looked yesterday but i couldnt see them in many shops which i thought was a bit weird
    If you want the ones from Office, and you don't have one near you, then you could order it online.
    If you want the Birckenstocks, then I think you's have to go to London.
  • Options
    I always thought they were dr scholls orthopaedic sandals.
    Im sure my nanas got a pair.
  • Options
    Birkenstocks

Yeah if you're after Birkenstocks then the only official shop they have is in London, and a lot of their other stockists are in London too (typical eh!) Not sure where you live, but if it's not in or around London you can shop online but I imagine they have limited availability. UK shop
  • Options
  • Options
    I have the first pair from Next in blue and yes they stay on just fine. £17.
  • Options
    I have pairs in both styles and they don't come off at all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kath2003
    I have the first pair from Next in blue and yes they stay on just fine. £17.

yep i just got mine from there today :D i got baby pink ones...yay! i hated them to start with but they have definitly grown on me :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    yep i just got mine from there today :D i got baby pink ones...yay! i hated them to start with but they have definitly grown on me :)

I never used to like them either, i only like these type, and i dont think id wear them. I much prefer these. :)
  • Options
    mine are the same as the first ones :) i dont like the second ones so much...tho anything which isnt flat im against lol
  • Options
    The first ones are probably nicer when you see them or wear them, im not saying i dont like them though! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I always thought they were dr scholls orthopaedic sandals.
    Im sure my nanas got a pair.

There's a slight different in the sole of Scholl and Birckenstocks. But the style is about the same.
  • Options
    I was thinking of getting a pair. Where could I get a pair that don't cost loads?
  • Options
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    I was thinking of getting a pair. Where could I get a pair that don't cost loads?
    Most places are doing immitations tbh. Topshop, Dorothy perkins etc are selling them for £15.
  • Options
    That isn't too bad, gonna have a look around me thinks.