Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Aging...... how to stop it

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know this sounds a bit 'womanly' coming from a guy but what the hell! Lets be honest we all wanna look as young as we can.

I heard that the sun causes 85% of aging. Does that mean that if I leave the house every day with sunblock on then I'd look considerably younger when I'm like 50? Or am I talking bollocks?

Also is it true that sleeping on your side causes wrinkles?

Comments

• Options
    I swear I've heard people say everything gives you wrinkles. Smiling, talking, winking, frowning, not wearing sunblock 24-7 (thats etleast sph 45) I This is random but I wish I was black because ya don't see alot of black women getting wrinkles. In fact, some even get prettier with age. But with white women, we start looking like a dried apple at the age of 30 :( I would suggest Stri-Vectin. It is this amazing lotion that made me skin look so much better, People use it for stretch marks too but it really works wonders on your skin. It's one hell of alot safer than Botox. :yes:
  • Options
    you could always start using various anti-aging creams at a young age. i'm 18 and use stuff every day... in 30 years i'll get back to you and tell you if it worked.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Of course, you could also accept that you aren't like the Highlander and you'll grow older like every healthy human being. What's bad about this?
  • Options
    Hate to say this but the main reason people get wrinkles is becaus ethey are getting older. That happens to us all and you can't stop it.

Yes, the sun makes the wrinkles increase but ultimately it doesn't make much difference and staying out of the sun won't prevent wrinkles.

Best to just accept it a worry about the real problems in life rather than the ones you have no control over.