Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

organic chemistry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
im quite good at this, well considering im in my 1st yr of a degree, anyway i have an exam tomorow and wondering anyone has any webistes that like list reagents/conditions for all sorts of organic reactions, mechanisms wuld be useful but i can do them myself on reactions i never seen before
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Can't help you.
    But since I am re-taking my exam in chemistry in a month i was wondering if I could PM you, if I should have any difficulties?
  • Options
    sure do
  • Options
    Fuck I know you in real life.

I'm doing CHEMB1O1 too.
  • Options
    So how was it for you?

It was crap for me. I couldn't remember anything!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    Fuck I know you in real life.

I'm doing CHEMB1O1 too.

fuck shit how u kno it was b1o1 i was doing, yeh it was bloody annoying paper, not sure if i got a pass or not, all i aiming for!

i messd up conformations, done something though for it, and done that stupid making new carbon carbon bonds questions where i forgot to do aldol reaction (someone reminded me after) DOH!
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    fuck shit how u kno it was b1o1 i was doing, yeh it was bloody annoying paper, not sure if i got a pass or not, all i aiming for!

i messd up conformations, done something though for it, and done that stupid making new carbon carbon bonds questions where i forgot to do aldol reaction (someone reminded me after) DOH!
    I can assue you mine was worse! My 30 mark essay answer to question A was less than 5 lines and just mentioned Grignards and Friedel-Crafts and I couldn't even remember the mechanisms or equations or anything.
  • Options
    damn i only done the cyanide and grignard, but friedal krafts and aldol i didnt do, i sooo gonna fail!!!!!
  • Options
    Why are you guys studying chemistry?!?:eek2: what made you decide to do a degree in it?? im in my first yr of biology (at UCL) and one of my units was chemistry and it has been a nightmare! The chemistry lecturers are crap and the exam papers didnt reflect the level of stuff we had covered in the lectures! :banghead: <---- me

By the way, i dunno why im doing biology either, it sucks. I wanna swap to Zoology, has anyone done a degree in this? whats it like?
  • Options
    Urr... I find myself asking myself that often?!

go_away is at UCL too I think doing medicine if I remember correctly. But as far as I know I've only met wheresmyplacebo in real life.

It's scary tho isn't it. That people from your real life might know you online too?! I'm always way too honest on here...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Scorpion
    Why are you guys studying chemistry?!?

I believe chemistry to be a very important and rewarding subject:D

and go_away is studying medecine
  • Options
    i done chemistry cause i liked my a level and lab work, and yeh, only met randomgirl before, still not sure, but i done a quick post search and sumit bout brazil gives me a rough idea :rolleyes:

my mate done chemistry for biologists, and he found it hard but do-able
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    only met randomgirl before, still not sure, but i done a quick post search and sumit bout brazil gives me a rough idea :rolleyes:
    I knew my Brazil obsession would give it away!
  • Options
    Originally posted by solid_L
    I believe chemistry to be a very important and rewarding subject:D

and go_away is studying medecine
    Is go_away the same person as Sabrina who writes a journal type thing on here or do we have two UCL medics on thesite?
  • Options
    Tis me :D
  • Options
    I got my chemistry results today. I failed organic chemistry.

I still don't know if I passed the year... it all depends on Maths :nervous:
  • Options
    i got a d for inorganic and physical and a e for organic, so lucky me so far

as for you rg, surely could try get a resit? and poor you *hugs* you can of done that bad a fail

*hugs*

hope it all works out :)
  • Options
    hi, doing chem a level too.
    Do u happen to have the collins a-level student book, its purple?
    There is a fab summary diagram on one of the pages and all i did was transfer it onto a3 and colour code for things like nucleophilic sub/elimination etc and then summarise all benzene reactions on a seperate piece. I also made flashcards and get dad to fire them at me!
    good luck, ist exma in 3 weeks!