Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nose Piercing?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I see that other piercing questions have been placed in here and not the health forum so i shall do the same! Ive done a search but cant find what i want so sorry about starting another topic on piercing!!

Thing is iv been wanting my nose pierced for ages and now ive left school its the perfect opportunity!

I am wondering how much it costs to get it done (in england) and if theres any problems with the healing process- like does it scab over or swell up or anything? Or is it relatively clean?

Also do you have to get it pierced with a larger stud or can it be done with one of the nice little ones as thats what im hoping to wear?

Thanx

Comments

• Options
    You can have them done with the small stud, ive been looking into it cuz im getting mine done. Im unsure on the price, it varies.
  • Options
    mine cost me £5, but mine was done with a gun which i heard later was not advised.however mine has healed fine+no problems. cost £10 to get it done with needle(the advised way2get it done)

hope helps :)
  • Options
    In reputable piercing parlours, noses are pierced with needles.

Guns carry too much risk of blood borne diseases and are extremely frowned upon in the piercing industry.

It costs 3 times more to have a needle than a gun, but healing is faster and more effective with a needle. You can opt for a stud to be put in after it is pierced, or a Ball Closure Ring (BCR). It's your choice...

Ilora x
  • Options
    Does it not hurt more with a needle? :nervous:
  • Options
    i was going to get mine done today but i couldnt get there for the appointment and she was booked up...im scared though
  • Options
    dont be scared.mine only hurt a tiny bit more than my ear lobes so nothing to worry about :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite
    im scared though

Me too!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Does it not hurt more with a needle? :nervous:
    Not usually. It's mainly the anticipation most people remember rather than any pain. It's relative ;)

Ilora x
  • Options
    I've had mine done for about 4 years now and it cost me £15 at the time, stud included. They did it with a needle, don't get it done with a gun! It was only a sharp pain for maybe a second or two, so don't worry about it. I remember being quite nervous though!

I haven't seen a good place where you can get small studs put in straight away. They usually use a titanium stud which is a bit bigger and has a strange twist in it. I changed mine after 1-2 weeks to a smaller stud - it meant the hole healed to the size I wanted it to as well.

Didn't have any problems with the healing process...theres no scabbing or anything like that. Changing the stud is quite painful, even now it sometimes hurts!

Anyway good luck with it :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pink Soda
    I've had mine done for about 4 years now and it cost me £15 at the time, stud included. They did it with a needle, don't get it done with a gun! It was only a sharp pain for maybe a second or two, so don't worry about it. I remember being quite nervous though!

I haven't seen a good place where you can get small studs put in straight away. They usually use a titanium stud which is a bit bigger and has a strange twist in it. I changed mine after 1-2 weeks to a smaller stud - it meant the hole healed to the size I wanted it to as well.

Didn't have any problems with the healing process...theres no scabbing or anything like that. Changing the stud is quite painful, even now it sometimes hurts!

Anyway good luck with it :)
    After 4 years it still hurts???

I've have my nose pierced for 7 years and doesn't hurt at all. Just a healed hole that I can put my stud in and out without a mirror etc.. (with no pain!)

Ilora x
  • Options
    I've had mine done for 6 years. Got it done when I was 16 and it cost £1 from the market. Classy or what. It got all infected and was gross and kept bleeding, so I kept washing it with salt water till it healed.

I did always wear the tiny studs but I've now decided I don't want to have a nose piercing anymore and I'm letting it close up.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pink Soda
    Changing the stud is quite painful, even now it sometimes hurts!

im quite worried that it still hurts you!mine doesnt hurt at all+iv only had it for less than a year. I too, as well as Ilora-Danon, can hapily change it without mirror or anything. maybe you're extra sensitive or something:confused: