Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Waxing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey folks how are you all

Well heres my question well im thinking of getting my legs waxed 3/4 if you get me and i wanna no is it painful i mean im not to bothered but also do u just go in and get it done in ur undies or what thankz for your answers

Comments

• Options
    I don't find it hurts; the first time I had it done it did a bit, but it depends on your pain threshold. If you want to find out get some home wax strips and do a little tester on the back of your leg. If I go o get mine done I usually have my bikini line done too so I'm always in my undies:rolleyes: :lol: But for just a 3/4 leg you can probably wear shorts or something if you're not happy about underwear.
  • Options
    Yeah, if you don't want to wear your underwear, wear shorts or something - like butterfly i have a full leg and bikini wax done at the same time, so i'm always in my undies.

Tip: Take a couple of paracetamol half an hour before having the wax done. it really does help.
  • Options
    so would i need to take my own shorts ??
  • Options
    Yes. Go there wearing them.

This is so getting shifted to fashion!
  • Options
    Just go to the salon in them - they don't supply you with them if that's what you mean. Oh, and NEVER get it done juts before or during your period; your nerve endings are more sensitive then and trust me, THAT'S when it hurts like a bitch!
  • Options
    you couldnt go in wearin them your legs wid be aww hairy lol:lol:
  • Options
    so do you think i could take them in and like change into them would that be ok
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tigger
    you couldnt go in wearin them your legs wid be aww hairy lol:lol:

They KNOW you have hairy legs, darlin, that's why you're THERE!! If it bothers you, then yes, take some with you and change into them.
  • Options
    right well i think im gonna get them done and my arm pits this will be fun lol :lol: and painfull :eek:
  • Options
    Good luck.lol. you will need it.

how do paracetomal help?
  • Options
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    how do paracetomal help?

reduces pain
  • Options
    Every few weeks, I have a half leg wax...

I go in wearing trousers - take them off when I'm having it done, then put them back on when finished.

They put a towel over your private bits/upper leg, to make it a bit more comfortable.

Ilora x
  • Options
    It doesn't hurt that much, but don't tense your legs before they rip the strip off :eek2: (My mum does mine as she is a beautician and works from home...i wear me undies with her)

But I find that waxing takes off too much skin and I end up with white legs again :(