Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nipple piercing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yes, I'm going to look at BME, before anyone mentions it :) I was just after some personal experiences and stuff from people on here. Basically, both me and my boyfriend are thinking about getting it done. I was wondering how obvious it is through clothes? And if it's okay to wear a bra when you first get it done, or does it rub, or anything? :confused: Healing time, etc? I'm a bit scared it'll get knocked during sex :-/ How much does it hurt in relation to other piercings? I've had my ears, nose, belly button and lip done in the past. Though I know it depends on the person usually as to how much it hurts.

Comments

• Options
    I have my right nipple pierced and I want to get my left one done soon. All my piercings hurt like a bitch. I had my nipple numbed because I was so scared it would hurt so all I felt was a sharp sting. After I got it pierced, my nipple became alot more sensitive but I have heard of some people's sensitivity lowering. The only thing that freaked me out was how long(time wise) it felt like the needle was going through. Because they clamp your nipple and then they put the needle through your nipple. There isnt a specific time for healing because everyone is different but the guy who pierced my nipple said it would be around 16-18 months. My right boob hurt for 4 or 5 days after and I couldn't sleep too well the night of. Having to clean it everyday with salt water and a cotton ball was more painful than the actual piercing. I only had to do that for about a 2 weeks and my piercier said it could be up to 4 weeks cleaning it out. but it only stung the first few times you have to clean it. (only till it stops discharging of course) Oh, which do you plan to get veritcal ones or horizontal? I have horizontal. When I wear a bra, you don't notice at all but if I don't wear a bra, it just looks like I have hard nipples. No big deal :p Are you planning to get just one nipple done or are you going to get both? I wish I would have got both because I keep procrastinating to get my other one and it costs less (well it would have for me) if I would have gotten them both.

Just try to relax and breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth (that's what they kept telling me because I was shaking so bad)
  • Options
    i got my nipple done, it hurts a lot getting it done, most painfull piercing i got done so far, and my nipple been very sensitive since, have it for 2 months or so now, and its still very sensitive. if it gets knocked, it will hurt like a bitch for the rest of the day, i use ice cubes on it for a bit then :|. and for guys if u use a bit loose shirt u hardly see it :).
  • Options
    I'm after a horizontal one. Hadn't even crossed my mind to get a vertical one, actually! Thought of another question though, my nipples lie flat naturally, is this going to be a problem?
  • Options
    Re: Nipple piercing
    Originally posted by dominatrix
    Yes, I'm going to look at BME, before anyone mentions it :) I was just after some personal experiences and stuff from people on here. Basically, both me and my boyfriend are thinking about getting it done. I was wondering how obvious it is through clothes? And if it's okay to wear a bra when you first get it done, or does it rub, or anything? :confused: Healing time, etc? I'm a bit scared it'll get knocked during sex :-/ How much does it hurt in relation to other piercings? I've had my ears, nose, belly button and lip done in the past. Though I know it depends on the person usually as to how much it hurts.
    Obviously I'd suggest reading BME. But there are so many people on there who have only had the piercing a few weeks, days, or even just hours, and putting their "experiences" down. So you won't see many comments and experiences of having them in the long term - ie for several years.

It's not too obvious through clothing for blokes. Unless I'm wearing a thin shirt, or t-shirt. But even then you'd have to be looking for the tell tale signs of the balls/ring. A thick shirt virtually hides them.
    For girls it's a bit more obvious. A girl hat work has pierced hips, and it's quite obvious, though it depends upon the bra and top she's wearing. Generally she wears tight fitting tops, so they're easy to spot.

Wearing bras after having it done - read BME for advice. As for them rubbing. Oh yes! They do! Nicely! Of course, when they're fresh and healing it's not what you want, but once they're healed. Mmmm.

Healing time. Ignore anybody who says it only took a few days, or a week or two. You've just had a piece of metal thust through a fleshy part of your body, and it's still in there, slowing down natural healing by keeping it open. It takes time to properly heal. At least a couple of months before they've healed and settled down.

Yes, it will get knocked during sex. And while doing the shopping, washing up, cleaning, vacumning, dancing, etc. You'll be amazed at how often you knock, b
  • Options
    I had mine done years ago. I didnt think it hurt at all. (belly button on the other hand, hurt like hell).