Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nasty Rash

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok I have got a rash and i dont know how to get rid of it. Normally it would just be a matter of putting cream on it and things. However, well this rash is under an area of hair that is not on my head :blush: So I dont think i can put anything on it.

It hurts though, how can i make it go :(

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Hmmm. :chin:

Could be a heat rash, but I'm not sure how you could get some cream onto it. Couldn't you rub it into the hair? :confused:
  • Options
    Its just red and the skin is really really rough with a few bumps. Its paaainful

Not had it before.
  • Options
    unfortunately sound like an STD. Worth going to the GUM clinic or your doctors. However trying not to sound vulgur, it might just be thrush, depending if you are male or female, and how close it is to your genitalia. if you have never had thrush before, you have to get it diagnosed by a doctor to rule out any other more serious problems
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sleepless
    unfortunately sound like an STD.

I appreciate you are a pharmacist but no need to scare the lad. It could just be a heat rash!
  • Options
    unfortuantely not in that area
  • Options
    I fail to see how i could get an std what with being a virgin and all:yeees:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    I fail to see how i could get an std what with being a virgin and all:yeees:

Ok, I did actually think you might have been (just 'cos you're young and seem very sensible....) but didn't want to say incase I was wrong!

Anyway, I get heat rashes everywhere including that area.
  • Options
    they are classed as STD but are not only transmitted that way. thrush is an example. Thing is, as is being demonstrated, things like this can not be diagnosed without either seeing it, or being able to talk face to face with a medical proffesional.

I'm sure bumblebee will have a go now, but if people dont take things seriously and get them sorted then it can develop into something serious
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Ok, I did actually think you might have been (just 'cos you're young and seem very sensible....) but didn't want to say incase I was wrong!

Anyway, I get heat rashes everywhere including that area.

Im not *that* young anymore :p

What is a heat rash then, just when it gets hot. Im guessing it doesnt need exposure because i certainly havnt been doing any nude sun bathing!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sleepless
    I'm sure bumblebee will have a go now, but if people dont take things seriously and get them sorted then it can develop into something serious

I'm not having a go at all, I just don't think he has an STD!

I think your advice should be a little less scary too. Perhaps you could suggest something else he may have?
  • Options
    i have really sensitive skin, and used to get irritations there. i noticed that when i was rinsing my shampoo or conditioner out of my hair, it would all collect there, and cause i always washed my hair last, it never really got washed out.

so i tried rinsing my front after washing my hair, and have not had a problem since.

also, a lot of people get dry, itchy skin on their head hair, or behind their eyebrows, so why not in that hair?

i would try putting something mild, like aqueous cream on, to see if it helps. you can rub it through the hair. or maybe (and this is gonna sound silly) dandruff shampoo.
  • Options
    What is a heat rash then, just when it gets hot. Im guessing it doesnt need exposure because i certainly havnt been doing any nude sun bathing!

I get heat rashes all the time and my skin is all itchy and is covered in raised bumps.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/SelfHelp/conditions/heatrsh/heatrsh.asp

However, if you're worried you could make an appointment to see your GP to get it checked out, just incase you've picked up a STD somehow. :p
  • Options
    I get heat rashes all the time and my skin is all itchy and is covered in raised bumps.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/SelfHelp/conditions/heatrsh/heatrsh.asp

However, if you're worried you could make an appointment to see your GP to get it checked out, just incase you've picked up a STD somehow. :p

It does look like the thing in the picture

'too much clothes cause it' :eek2: lol

I dont think i should sit around naked.

Lol im very sure it isnt an std. Again with the virginess and any 'sexual' contact i had lost at least 6 months ago
  • Options

I dont think i should sit around naked.
    Why ever not?! :p

Seriously though, I bathe the area (I get it all over from head to toe sometimes!) and put a soothing fragrance free lotion on. Kaffrin suggested aqueous cream which is great, as is oilatum. And do not scratch!
  • Options
    Why ever not?! :p

Seriously though, I bathe the area (I get it all over from head to toe sometimes!) and put a soothing fragrance free lotion on. Kaffrin suggested aqueous cream which is great, as is oilatum. And do not scratch!

Well i might offend my family for a start :p

i will have a bath tonite, though my house seems almost void of decent bathing stuff :( I might have to buy my own when i get a chance.
  • Options
    KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    Hives? Perhaps try the NHS direct itchy rash self-help questionnaire. Sounds a bit like heat rash though.

Stop scratching!

X
  • Options
    Haha! I like the 'ask the pharmacist for advice on a cream' bit....
  • Options
    I cant help scratching! Anyway Im a man, i cant avoid that whole area :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i will have a bath tonite, though my house seems almost void of decent bathing stuff :( I might have to buy my own when i get a chance.
    Hate to be boring, but actually if you have irritated skin you should steer clear of girly bath oils!
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Hate to be boring, but actually if you have irritated skin you should steer clear of girly bath oils!

I see....well it seems the only thing there is in the house is my lynx stuff :yeees:
  • Options
  • Options
    I see....well it seems the only thing there is in the house is my lynx stuff :yeees:

Do not use anything like that at all you'll only irritate it further!
  • Options
    Do not use anything like that at all you'll only irritate it further!

Yeah, Im going to have to go out and by my own shower and bath things :eek2:
  • Options
    Don't put anything in the bath when you have one, just have the plain water and wash the area with just water. Then after your bath, apply the cream or whatever was suggested earlier.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cute_Baby_Bear
    Don't put anything in the bath when you have one, just have the plain water and wash the area with just water. Then after your bath, apply the cream or whatever was suggested earlier.

Yeah thats probably a good idea. I will try to have a bath later if i can get to it :rolleyes: