Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

GHD striaghtners

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anybody know where i can find them on the web? The ones for thick hair? Thank you! :)

Comments

• Options
    There are lots on e-bay.
  • Options
    Thanks, i had a look. I found the ones i want on a diff wensite and they cost £97! Im not sure my mum is willing to pay that much for them, i might have to go halves with her. Anyone know where i can find any for cheaper? Keeping in mind they are for thick hair, like these....

ghdpro.jpg

Thank you :)
  • Options
    theres these on ebay for £88 which is saving you just under a tenner, or you can get the normal sized ones for £77 on there.
  • Options
    no offence but how much did you think they cost?
    they're expensive cos they're worth it.
  • Options
    they're work every penny of £97, though i thought you had straight hair? you're right, your mum might think it's a lot to pay - so going halves sounds like a good idea.
  • Options
    The hairdresser's down the road from me is offering £35 :hyper:

Payday roll ooooon :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    The hairdresser's down the road from me is offering £35 :hyper:

Payday roll ooooon :yes:

:O why?

Are they proper GHDs?
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    :O why?

Are they proper GHDs?

Yeah!

The advert says:

"GHD Straightners - £35!!" And I looked in the window and lo and behold on the same shelf..GHD STRAIGHTNERS! Hoorah!

Dunno why they're so cheap, mind. :chin: Not had a chance to go in for a proper nosey..
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Yeah!

The advert says:

"GHD Straightners - £35!!" And I looked in the window and lo and behold on the same shelf..GHD STRAIGHTNERS! Hoorah!

Dunno why they're so cheap, mind. :chin: Not had a chance to go in for a proper nosey..

Oh my gosh, go in and have a look. :D
  • Options
    i got my ceramic straightners from claires...they arent GHD ones but they are really good and work well on my hair which is really thick....if i remember correctly they would have been about 30quid...and are really good
  • Options
    Do a search on kelkoo and you'll get the cheapest prices on the net from there. Don't think you'll get them cheaper than about £80 tho. My GHD's blew up on Saturday, :crying: but they are sending me some new ones even thought I've had them over a year which is cool.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *milky way*
    My GHD's blew up on Saturday, :crying: but they are sending me some new ones even thought I've had them over a year which is cool.
    ghd have awesome customer service. mine wouldn't turn on so i sent them back and a nice shiny new pair were delivered today :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    i thought you had straight hair?

:no: Natural curls.

and i did know how much they'd cost, i just was thinkin £97 for my mum to pay, she wouldnt be too happy, tis why i said id go halves with her :)
  • Options
  • Options
    I've got fudge ones now and they're much better than the GHD ones. £90 though.
  • Options
    I've got some ceramic Remmington ones which were only £25 and are really good and i have really, really thick hair!
  • Options
    When you're buying them make sure they're genuine GHD ones and not 'Hairtools' as loads get confused. When I was looking for mine I got this 'deal' off my aunt (hairdresser)'s trade supplier who offered us the Hairtools 'who retail at £90' for £40, but I later found out you can get the Hairtools for £35 anyway. If you're going for the ones in the hairdressers look for the GHD logo on the hinge and not hairtools as they're so similar and lots of hairdressers call them 'GHD straighteners'. Anyway in the end I got them off here, although I have the thin ones so I dono how much the thick ones cost, and you get a discount for registering:

http://www.lookfantastic.com

Hope that was of help
    xxx