Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Need some fashion advise pls :)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok i am overweight at the moment and have a big belly & thighs ect. I need some tips on the kinda things i should wear to help hide them a bit, you know flatter the not so bad bits i guess.
Don't mind showing cleavage whist i have some lol.

Any tips appreciated, i have no idea about fashion really.
Any easy to do hair tips would be cool too ta.

A pic of me attached to give you an idea but i have lost 5IB since then if it counts lol.
moi.jpg 25.4K

Comments

• Options
    Just wear anything your happy in, and if ur self concious (sp?) Just avoid anything REALLY tight and clingy...An show that cleavage gir! :D
  • Options
    My brothers wife is about the same size as you. She tends to wear skirts a lot instead of trousers, well when shes going out anyway :)
  • Options
    if it's all post-baby weight, you don't want to be splashing out on a whole load of new clothes if you lose the weight in a few months... so try to make the best of what you have.

my cousin is quite a bit bigger than you, but she always looks great - she wears things that are fitted, but never tight, and she lives in long skirts.

anything too baggy and you'll look several times bigger than you actually are. same with anything too tight. well fitting clothes are pretty important.

to make the most of boobs, but hide a belly, try empire line tops - the ones that are most fitted directly underboob.
  • Options
    V neck/scoop neck tops, wraparound dresses and tops to make the most of your waist, anything that ties at the side so it doesn't add bulk to whatever tummy you have, hip skimming, boot cut or wide leg trousers to balance your hips....
  • Options
    Get some jeans that fit properly, and aren't straight leg.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kath2003
    Get some jeans that fit properly, and aren't straight leg.
    I have now.