Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Complaints at Boots the chemist!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, about a month ago i was prescribed steroids for my eczema, from the dermatologist at my local hospital. I went and got these from boots chemist, and was given them in a bottle+the bottle was in a plain white box with the dosage written on.
what im wondering is, surely they should have given me some information about the medication??
I went and asked my doctor the next day (as i didnt think to at the time, i was sorta shocked by being put on them)+he said if i wanted to know about side affects, read the information leaflet! Ive always had one of these in my hayfever tablets, etc, but not with these tablets. I went into boots+asked+they gave me a leaflet, but surely i shouldn't have had to ask for this?? Its important stuff, especially as many of the side affects are dangerous, e.g. dont drive with this medication, do not take if you are pregnant, etc!
Im contemplating complaining at boots, but do you think it's worth it?? I wasn't happy that i wasnt given the relevant info 1st time round - surely steroids are an important medicine??
Is it just me being too arsed tho?? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    As soon as you noticed you should have gone back to the chemist and told them what had happened. I'm sure they would have apologised. It was probably just an oversight on their part but you're right, it shouldn't have happened. If you complain now you'll get nowhere - the event happened too long ago for them to even begin to investigate.

Did you make an appointment with your GP or simply phone them? In future you could try NHS Direct so as not to hassle your GP. 0845 46 47 who have all the info you could even need at their fingertips.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by CheeseOnToast
    Emergency Contraception

Am i missing something?:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Am i missing something?:confused:

:lol: if you are, i am too!
  • Options
    I think it is pretty obvious he just got the wrong thread!
  • Options
    Haha definately the wrong thread.. I'm stoned sorry.

I was reading a thread someone did that earlier and I was thinking haha you loser.

Now who is loser !!
  • Options
    Still not too late to complain you have up to abount 6 months for it to be taken seriously. It is law to suplly a leaflet with every dispensed prescription item, but as a pharmacist i can vouch for how hard this is to copmply with as you cannot photocopy the leaflet because of copyright laws, but thats another argument for another day.

The last thing a pharmacist wants is for a patient to go without information, so i am sure it was not done on purpouse. You can always go into any pharmacy and they will be more than happy to give you any information they can, and certainly in my case, if i dont know it there and then, i will go look it up and come back to the patient at a later date