Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

selling your vote

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well one person didnt know who to vote for so he tried selling his european election vote on the internet

read here

http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/homepage/headlines/oe_vote/*http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040609/323/evjqk.html

what you think?

Comments

• Options
    Well if you cant deciede....and if someone else wants it that much...i suppose it would undermine the whole thing if we all started floggin our votes though.:confused:
  • Options
    Allied Civilian and Military deaths, World War II.

USSR 20,000,000
    China 9,900,000
    Yugoslavia 1,700,000
    Great Britain 350,000
    USA 274,000
    Czechoslovakia 340,000
    France 600,000
    Poland 4,120,000
    Commonwealth 128,000
    Bulgaria 35,000
    Albania 30,000
    Greece 450,000
    Belgium 88,000
    Netherlands 210,000
    Luxembourg 5,000
    Norway 10,000
    TOTAL 38,243,000

Selling your vote for profit spits in the face of each of these people.
  • Options
    my thoughts when i read that precisely or when people vote for BNP as a protest vote

nazis got in via misinformation and people doing protest votes for them as the normal parties werent seen to be doing enough about economy

the sooner people forget the past, sooner the apst repeats itself :(

and not forgetting the 3 millions jews blacksgays disabled killed
  • Options
    Originally posted by Braineater
    Allied Civilian and Military deaths, World War II.

USSR 20,000,000

Hmmm, I'm not sure how many of these died in the name of deomocracy though...?

Agree with the sentiment though and at 33 years old I have never missed a vote, and never intend to. As you say, it would be an insult to those who died and those who have fought throughout the years in war and civil disobedience.
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo

Erm... Was a bit more than that.
  • Options
    im not sure of the figure i think thatshow many jews, but i dont want to be pedantic as it was a horrible figure no matter what :(
  • Options
    I don't see that nos of ppl fighting + dying years ago has much to do with voting interntions now

What's more concerning is the stealing of votes /intimidation of voters thats being reported in the NW due to Labours cynical use of postal voting (World at one, R4 today)

iexpect legal challenges to electoral results up there
  • Options
    Even though i dislike labour i would like the option of being able to vote through the post.
  • Options
    im not sure of the figure i think thatshow many jews, but i dont want to be pedantic as it was a horrible figure no matter what :(

Indedd it was.

Anyhow the normal approximation is 6 million.....:(
  • Options
    It mocks democracy.
  • Options
    Yeah but shows how wonderfull Capitalism is ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    I don't see that nos of ppl fighting + dying years ago has much to do with voting interntions now

Why not?

Their sacrifices made it possible to vote, no-one is asking which way you would vote. Just pointing out that it would be a complete lack of respect for those who died.

For those who choose not to cote (another democratic decision I agree), just look back at the pictures of those men on the beaches on Sunday, crying over dead comrades and ask if you are doing them a disservice.

And, if you don't vote, don't complain about any political decisions made by either your local council or in Europe because basically you have your chance to have you view registered today...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Hmmm, I'm not sure how many of these died in the name of deomocracy though...?

That comment shows much more disrespect than not voting, it really fucking annoyed me...
  • Options

(and commies)
  • Options
    Their sacrifices made it possible to vote, no-one is asking which way you would vote. Just pointing out that it would be a complete lack of respect for those who died.

Their actions were a product of that era, just as ours which include being indifferent to their sacrifices
  • Options
    You might be.

Luckily most others don't.
  • Options
    Their actions were a product of that era, just as ours which include being indifferent to their sacrifices
    tell me ...you are realy in a high rise council flat with a fag hanging out ya gob and your suffering some kind of inverted snobbery so invent this ladymuck thing ...or i'm on drugs!
  • Options
    ...or i'm on drugs!

er, but I thought you are a lot of the time:D

next time maybe you should say 'don't vote labour':D :D
  • Options

So?
  • Options
    Originally posted by xicoperez
    That comment shows much more disrespect than not voting, it really fucking annoyed me...

They died for their country, their died for their leader.

They did not fied for "democracy".

I'm not dismissing their sacrifice in the name of a cause, but you cannot claim that they died for democracy when that is the one thing they didn't have.

Unless you count their deaths helping us of course, in which case I'd agree, but that was more a byproduct rather than a stated aim. The Russians weren't fighting for "us" they were fighting to survival.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    They died for their country, their died for their leader.

They did not fied for "democracy".

Couldn't you say the same about our boys though, without being disrespectful etc etc, they would have fought the Nazis if we had not been a democracy........
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    Couldn't you say the same about our boys though, without being disrespectful etc etc, they would have fought the Nazis if we had not been a democracy........

You think? Nazi supporters didn't fight.

But yes, I would have said the same, if we weren't a democracy. But in this isntance that's rather redundant because we were and that is what our grandfathers fought for.

Or at least thought they were fighting for.
  • Options
    Indeed.......