Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what to do....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
about two months ago i had a lot of female problems,cysts,urinary tract infections,bladder infections,bacterial infections,yeast infections,canndida(another form of a yeast infection)well i think that they missed one,i think that i might possibly have ovarian cancer,here lately i have been showing a lot of signs of it,i was scheduled for an appointment with the gyno on friday to get on birth control but i just started tonight,since i have had a lot of problems in the past such as very bad menstral cramps and stuff i am scared that my family will not believe me that i think there might be something wrong,they will prob try to pass it off as monthly discomfort as always,as it turns out if i do have it i very well could be in the late stages of it and will not be able to cure it.i don't know how to go about telling them or even friends/fiance for that matter.any ideas on what to do?do you think it is just my regular problems or monthly problems or do you think it might be serious?how do i go about telling the people i love that i could have cancer?

Comments

• Options
    I don't think you should until you know for sure. It's easy to imagine the worst with things like this; go and get it checked out before you mention it.
  • Options
    Self diagnosis is not safe. If you tell people you have cancer and you don't, they will be pleased but they'll also wonder why you put them through that heartache without finding out for some first. Ask your doctor for advice.
  • Options
    Speculation is only going to make you worry more and more, go and see your doctor and discuss your concerns with them.

Take care

Susie :)
  • Options
    ovarian cancer is very, very rare in women under 30. if it is something serious it's way, way more likely to be something benign, like a cyst, or endometriosis.

but yeah, the only way to know is to see a doctor.
  • Options
    You're getting way, way ahead of yourself thinking about how to tell people you might have cancer when you haven't even been to a doctor yet. What are these 'signs' you have? Kaffrin's right, it could be any number of things. Don't worry unnecessarily, get to the doctor.
  • Options
    go to this site it explains every thing i cannot

http://pinksunrise.com/osp/symptoms.htm

i just realized i only told you about the problems two months ago,i have had these since i was 7-8 every 2-3 months i would get something,i also have been diagnosed with anemia recently which is also one of the signs
  • Options
    ok,well thanks for at least hearing me out,i was just starting to get worried things gettin worse for me and all,when i had to go to the er a few months back was in there 2 days because they had to run so many tests and actually suggested i get the sonogram done,just in case,but of course mom told me not to said i would be fine,she is the one who pays,who am i to argue?so she thinks
  • Options
    i have every symptom on that list apart from one, and i've been diagnosed with IBS and possible food intolerances, which just goes to show that it really could be anything.
  • Options
    http://ovariancancer.jhmi.edu/symptoms.cfm
    on here it says if they last for more than 2-3 weeks to check it out
    i am just gonna go and see what happens,i am a worry wart,always thinking about the bad things,sorry to burden you with my worrying
  • Options
    Originally posted by *ash*n*nick*
    http://ovariancancer.jhmi.edu/symptoms.cfm
    on here it says if they last for more than 2-3 weeks to check it out

Yes, it says to check it out. It doesn't say you have cancer.

All you can do if you're worried is get the tests done. Book an appointment with your GP and talk things over with him/her, they can make you feel more at ease about the whole thing.