Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

soylent green

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i saw the film a few nites ago and just wondering
you reckon we could actually do that much damage to our planet to land up with basically only humans left....

btw if you havent seen it - its 2020, new york alone has population of 40 million, the airs that bad you cant see the sun, you just know if it day or night, theres virtually no land plant matter, and theres theres no land animals other than humans, and a major lack of food sch that in the end you find out the power food given to masses is actualy erm processed people

btw the minority rich still have all their luxuries such as clean water and food and even women as 'furniture'

Comments

• Options
    I do not think this would happen as we would run out of the food and water etc and would die down to a level that is sustainable again.

The natural cycle is kept generally in blalnce, human activity is debealancing it but it couldn't to such an extreme point because we are reliant on nature as well.........
  • Options
    Errr nah, nature has a good way of balancing out things. When the food runs short people won't be able to eat healthily, babies will die and people will genereally avoid getting pregnant, and so the population dies down. If you look at any animal over a time the population goes up and down, because they hunt their prey to extinction then it comes back. It's just a natural cycle really, except us humans are more widespread + good at hunting our prey.
  • Options
    i tell you how fucking extreme i see our damage as ...i'm old enough to remember when there was no such thing as sunscreen there were no melanomas from have nice days out.
    the sun was our friend. besides ...it's 93 million miles away for gods sake ...not much we can do to upset the balance of the sun.
    we've vandalised our own ...our one and ownly fucking spaceship that much ...that there are gaping holes in the bleedin' roof.
    yes i do believe we are heading for some serious environmental shocks and surprises ...mostly unpleasant.