Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Alcohol: The Nature Of Intoxication

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A thread for discussion of opinions of alcohol intoxication;

*Amplification of primal emotion

*Suppression of logical reason

*At low levels, can be nice

*At high levels... I HATE

Your opinions please

Comments

• Options
    I think it is all too easy to blame your actions of intoxication, yes you may well do stupid things while drunk/high but then its still your fault because you got yourself in that state in the first place.

As with many drugs it does simplify reason and thinking, therefore making complex choices quite impossible. So things are good or bad, which is far from a good thing in many cases.

Personally I find that alcohol has a highly sedative effect on me so I like the taste more than actually the experience. Its rare that I drink more than a few units in one sitting.

I drank and smoked a lot when I was a teenager, I guess I kind of got it out of my system then. I havent been totally drunk more than half a dozen times in the last few years.
  • Options
    its still your fault because you got yourself in that state in the first place
    quite
  • Options
    Indeed.
  • Options
    most certainly
  • Options
    Without doubt.
  • Options
    i rarely get drunk to the point where i am out of control. very rare.
    but i do like to sit here and drink and smoke. i'm a pleasant drunk.
    i'm also a horny drunk.
    my wifes first husband was a violent drunk ...violent to her and destructive to propperty. she hates that kind of stuff having suffered years of abuse and fear but ...she buys me booze knowing we are going to have a great time. hic!
  • Options
    And there are those REALLY "kool" people who get drunk and start fights with random people. Wow I wish I could be like them!
    I don't see how people get so shit faced on drink, iv'e done my share of drink. But I never forget massive things, and when they say theve drunk loads. Well maybe you shouldent then......

Bopz

DRINK BAD! It made my hair turn blonde...... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    It's the same with any drug, it can have good and bad sides to it.

Personally i like drink, nothing quite beats it, especially getting drunk then pop a few pills, it seems to hit you alot more, i don't know why, the science end of it probably dosen't make sense but it's what you feel that matters.

People out on the town drinking starting fights, well that's just another end of drinking and not everyone is like that, so there's nothing we can do about it, there's always going to be someone who gets clean drunk and starts a fight with a random stranger, but well what can you do?
  • Options
    Alcohol is like any other drug really, people who have used too much arent fun to be around.

Same as cannabis smokers, cocaine users....etc.

The problem is that unlike many other drugs it is far more acceptable for people to use too much. If for example you went out to a club and did so many pills you were sick fell over and blacked out you would be looked down on by most people.

I dont like being around heavy drinkers same as I dont like being around really stonned people or people who are too wacked on pills.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    It helps me get laid. :thumb:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I always knew you were a classy lad. Theres nothing like knowing that you have to get a woman drunk before they will sleep with you to make you feel like a real man.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I always knew you were a classy lad. Theres nothing like knowing that you have to get a woman drunk before they will sleep with you to make you feel like a real man.

You got it the wrong way mate.

You should see some of the locals round here. :eek2: A lot of the time I'm the one that needs to get pissed first if I'm going to be sure to get my end away. :p
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Well, that makes it a lot better then doesnt it!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    You got it the wrong way mate.

You should see some of the locals round here. :eek2: A lot of the time I'm the one that needs to get pissed first if I'm going to be sure to get my end away. :p
    so you can face up to what uor y waking up next to? propper never again hangover ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Well, that makes it a lot better then doesnt it!

You have to get it somewhere! :)

...actually I have more of a problem getting laid when I'm drunk as I turn into a proper tit. Who needs alcohol when you're as good looking as me! :lol:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Yep, drunkenness, you feel much more attractive, but strangely sluring your words, stumbling around and acting like an arse dont turn women on. Its a mystery.