Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

nail polish care

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
now not to float my own boat, but i gave my self a french manicure and it looks amazing. and i'm quite proud but i have a tendency to have my nail polish chip really easily. after doing work or in the shower or whatever ,after about a day it starts chipping. so i was wondering if there is any good things to do to it so it wont chip as quickly. like a certian top coat that works well or anything. thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Apply a base coat and a top coat. Allow plenty of time for drying in between each coat.
  • Options
    I do that but it doesn't seem to help tbh.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    I do that but it doesn't seem to help tbh.
    Try a better brand of nail polish? Ones that are too cheap are crap. Actually most nail polish is crap. I never wear it anymore. I can't be bothered.
  • Options
    I went to the Nail Bar in MK last week, and they painted my nails for me. They gave me some really good tips as well...

She buffed them and filed them and took away all the ridges to leave them smooth as anything!
    She then used an £8 base polish, then painted them with a coloured £8 nail polish *liquid leather - black* and then used another £8 top coat. It seemed to have done the trick - not one chip, and I've had them painted since last week.

Another tip would be, to paint not just to the tips of the nail, but just slightly underneath, just over the edge - it seals much better apparently...

I'm now going back to the Nail Bar for my nails to be professionally painted everytime... it only costs a fiver to be painted, and the nail polish they use doesn't chip until about 2/3 weeks... so it's not that expensive to have them painted regularly!

Ilora x
  • Options
    Another tip would be, to paint not just to the tips of the nail, but just slightly underneath, just over the edge - it seals much better apparently...

Oh never knew that, will try that next time I paint my nails.