Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

under arm waxing.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone do it or tried it? Im considering it cuz i have to shave everyday under my arms, which is stupid an not good for my skin. Just seeing wot you think :)

Comments

• Options
    It hurts like hell. Apparantly it hurts less the more you have it done, but it really, really hurts the first time. I had mine done on Saturday and the redness only really went away yesterday/today.

Don't forget that you have to grow the hair so it's long enough to wax as well - I usually have to shave my underarms every day or every couple of days. I didn't shave them for a week and some of the hair still wasn't long enough and had to be tweezed. Which also hurts. A lot. :(
  • Options
    I would so not do that.
  • Options
    Sounds really, really painful :(
  • Options
    Ouch :eek2:
  • Options
    I don't know.. My girlfriend swears by waxing for everything, she refuses to shave, never has. And I have to admit that she's always soft as a result! :D
  • Options
    Shaving is a much painless method (unless you cut yourself). I couldn't let the hair grow to a certain length so that it could be waxed, yuk hairy underarms.
  • Options
    Jayzus! That sounds so painful! My legs - ok. Bikini line - ok. But underarms? The skin's so.... soft, and....loose.....:eek: Couldn't do it! Nah - depilatory creams under my arms and waxing for the rest. Razors are such a big no-no for me - men's facial stubble is tough and prickly FOR A REASON!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Butterflykisses
    Jayzus! That sounds so painful! My legs - ok. Bikini line - ok. But underarms? The skin's so.... soft, and....loose.....:eek: Couldn't do it! Nah - depilatory creams under my arms and waxing for the rest. Razors are such a big no-no for me - men's facial stubble is tough and prickly FOR A REASON!!

doesn't using hair removal cream under your arms mean that you have to walk around with your arm in the air for 5 minutes so you don't get it everywhere and it makes a mess?
  • Options
    I actually find that if you use about half the amount you'd use with your arms up and put your arms down, it squishes and spreads over all the area you need and stays in your armpit rather than squelching out and making a mess! Ah, the science of hair removal......:)
  • Options
    I think il stick to shaving :nervous: lol
  • Options
    I think that is a good idea lol :lol: