Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

falling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
when you fall down the stairs or trip over that crack in the ground how do you act about it? do you quickly stand up and look around to see if anybody saw even if you know you are alone? possibly get embaressed and pretend nothing happened if somebody asks if you are alright? or do you sit there hoping for some sympathy of your new found injuries?

Comments

• Options
    I just try to laugh it off - hoping someone will laugh with me rather than at me then quickly walk off -

Either that or I'd cry like a little baby and walk with embarrassment :blush:
  • Options
    I am a pretty big klutz :blush: and I trip over things almost every day. I laugh over it every time. I don't care if people saw me, I'm not afraid of accidently tripping.
  • Options
    I go for the 'oops' option and move on... no fuss, no nothing.

I don't go as red as a strawberry and cry.

And I most certainly don't go for the 'footballer' option, and sit there waiting to be helped and then yelling out obscenities and threats to sue.
  • Options
    I just walk on, you can't expect to stay on your feet all the time.
  • Options
    aye, I just get up and continue walking, sure its embarrasing but it happens you just gotta get up and move on...
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    I just hit the ground, and sit/lay there thinking "you stupid bastard" and then get up and pretend nothing happened ;)
  • Options
    I tend to walk away chuckling to myself at how silly i must have looked, which then probably looks even sillier... a mad girl laughing to herself... :blush:
  • Options
    Depends who's there. I fell over at church and turned round to laugh it off with my friend but she'd turned around so there were just a couple of the preachers giving me funny looks so I turned pink and legged it.
  • Options
    the only two times i can remember falling down in public, the first time i knocked myself out, and so went for the sympathy option lol

and the second i just got up dusted down and walked off like nothing had happened,

as for stumbling in public, i usually carry on like nothing has happened
  • Options
    Originally posted by Flake_Mustaine
    I just hit the ground, and sit/lay there thinking "you stupid bastard" and then get up and pretend nothing happened ;)

that's the way.

I once fell over in the middle of town on a saturday afternoon (ie. a trillion odd people around) and spilt ice cream all over the pavement. I sat there for a sec, thought "you look a tit" and got up and carried on walking.
  • Options
    When i fall over i laugh it off i think its quite funny but then i laugh at most things so you know :p

As for other people falling over well sorry but, yep you guessed it i laugh even then :lol::p

hey why not gotta try to see the bright side of life ( specially when ur being made redundant and have nothing to look forward to ) :D

Laughter is a great medicine i think
  • Options
    Well I quickly get up and hide my face with embarrasment, then go home and pretend im in agony so he makes the coffees the rest of the night ;)
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    Originally posted by Gavman
    aye, I just get up and continue walking, sure its embarrasing but it happens you just gotta get up and move on...

:yes: :yes:
  • Options
    blush, get up, and carry on.
  • Options
    I always look blankly at anyone who's laughing and say with almost an aggressive tone "What the fuck?! I did that on purpose!" That usually gives me time to run away before they click on that I lie. ;'(