Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

parcels for nz

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well one of ma really close friends is goin to new zealand for four months over the summer and i wanted to make her up a wee parcel of daft wee things that she'll need while she's there so does anyone have any good ideas cos its harder than it looks!! ta kerry xxx

Comments

• Options
    marmite, cos loads of people HATE veggiemite, i love the stuff and can't get it, but thats a good one. some good old english sweets. i love it when people send me kerrang and a packet of extra long skins and white chocolate buttons, but thats just me.
  • Options
    Let me know what your thinking of sending and I'll tell you if you can buy them out here :)
  • Options
    Aren't the laws in NZ and Oz made so people can't go and stay over there unless they already have a job secured?

Anything patriotic will be great too :)
  • Options
    Not in NZ, you need to have a 6 month working visa and you can't scrounge off the benefits here, thats about all there is.. although getting a job for such a short period of time can prove difficult as most require residency visa.

Oz is much stricter, you pretty much need to have a job before you get there, that or have several interviews lined up when you arrive.. as with NZ your not allowed to come over and bleed the benefit system

:)
  • Options
    well she's goin to teach skiing so i was tryin to find things related to that, and i went to america last summer for 4 months and it was just really random things that i missed like proper chocolate so im gonna put in sum of that, but kinda stuck for other "essentials"!
  • Options
    condoms, magazines, cds full of her fave tunes, sweeties and a teddy bear or something simuilar. thats what i'd put in there :D
  • Options
    Proper northern hemisphere chocolate. Seriously, every time I eat chocolate in the southern hemisphere it's rank! Even Cadbury's and stuff. And, yeah, Marmite if she likes it 'cos Vegemite sucks.

What else? Think that's all I miss when I'm out there, friends aside. Don't forget to give her some photos, actually.
  • Options
    When my mate went to New Zealand travelling I wanted to send her off with a little prezzie so I bought her the obvious thing...a cuddly toy sheep :D

Sisqo the sheep travelled all round NZ meeting his little sheep friends...what's that thing about simple things and simple minds again!?!

Just an idea anyway