Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why does this happen to me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I met a man and we went on a date and he said he wanted a relationship with me so we started going out,we've been seeing eachother everyday then on saturday he had to go to London to see his nan who is very ill in hospital, saturday morning was all good,we got on really well and he rang me 3 times and texted me saying he couldn't wait to see me and he kept thinking about me. I haven't slept with him yet. Then yesterday it was his birthday so I rang him and he didn't answer so I left a message on his answering machine saying happy birthday, then I texted him saying "can u ring me later?" then I tried phoning him a bit later but he kept not answering then he turned his phone off so I texted him saying "whats going on, why are you not answering?". No reply..then today I tried to ring him 3 times and he hung up the phone all of the times and I jus texted him saying "I can't believe your treating me like this after what I told you about other men treating me like shit all the time".No reply. He's just totally ignoring me,this sort of thing always happens to me and I'm crying my eyes out coz I thought I'd found a really nice guy, he said he wanted to meet my parents and spend all his time with me etc and now he's doing this. It was all good on saturday and then sunday and monday he's blanking me..Why do men do this? I really don't know where I'm going wrong.

Comments

• Options
    awww *huggies*! sounds like he's been a complete and utter tit, and to be honest i think you're better of without a guy like this (although i know that's hard to see at the moment). what a jerk to just ignore you!! :mad: Sorry hun, but i think you should give up texting and ringing him. if he wants to contact you, then he can, and give you a damn good explanation!! just keep yourself busy+b4 long you'll feel loads better! Its definatelt NOT your fault!
    :):):):)
    (BTW sorry for the useless advice, just didnt know wot to say+wanted to cheer u up! :D )
  • Options
    ERm...he went to london to see his nan in hospital...im assuming he's still there cos of all the calling instead of actually seeing him.
    Well did you stop to think that something might have happened and he cant pick up the phone to you. You cant have phones on in hospitals because they do somthing to the mahcines.
    So think about it before you get in a tis was.
  • Options
    I agree with Zella. If his grandmother is seriously ill, and something's happened to her, he won't have the energy to hear happy birthday, and definitely not fighting with you over something like this.

Give him a break. You've tried. Now it's his turn to give sound.
  • Options
    Re: Why does this happen to me?
    Originally posted by jellygirl
    Ithen I texted him saying "can u ring me later?" then I tried phoning him a bit later but he kept not answering then he turned his phone off so I texted him saying "whats going on, why are you not answering?". No reply..then today I tried to ring him 3 times and he hung up the phone all of the times

It could be that his Gran is seriously ill or worse, and now is not the time to be texting or making social phone calls. But if he is in a hospital, then surely his phone should be completely off because of the hospital equipment? It might be a crap time for him but I'm sure if you two are getting really close then it won't be hard for him to send you a quick text explaining the situation and saying he will be in touch when it's all calmed down a bit. I would leave it for him to get in touch with an explantion, and leave him alone in the meantime.

Chin up hun x
  • Options
    His Nan is really Ill.......
  • Options
    Also I was thinking maybe his phone might of been stolen. Well he's supposed to be coming back tomorrow so hopefully he'll come and see me at my work if not I'm gonna go round his house on wednesday.
  • Options
    yeh i reckon you should calm down and make sur ehe is ignoring you before you go getting yourself in a state, theres loads of reasons why he may not have been answering his phone
    And if he was ignoring you then hes not worth your worry :thumb:
  • Options
    Even if his gran is seriously ill, I can't believe that he couldn't find a few seconds to call you, or send a text. Sounds like you're getting messed about again. He'd better have a damn good excuse.
  • Options
    I'm so so so so sooooooooooo happy, I just went on my e mails and got a message saying he had the worst weekend of his life, on his birthday his nan had another stroke, he went out for one drink but some men beat him and his mate up and took his phone and he said he hasn't got my number now and he had to borrow some money off his mum to go to an internet cafe to e mail me but he really really misses me and he said even though it's early on he really likes me and can't wait to see me. When I read it I cried my eyes out so much through pure relief. I'm so happy now though,he still likes me yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!:D :thumb: :blush: :hyper: So blah_x2 - you were right!:)
  • Options
    Your happy that his nan had a stroke? and that he got beat up? you are so thoughtfull arnt you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    Your happy that his nan had a stroke? and that he got beat up? you are so thoughtfull arnt you.

Oh for God`s sake. You`re being deliberately obtuse.
  • Options
    Glad it's all worked out. :)

Next time, try not to get in a stress about it - there's generally a valid reason. Good luck.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella

Don't be so fucking stupid. :rolleyes:

Thankyou everyone else.:) *Group hug*:p
  • Options
    Dear oh dear.

Firstly i think you should apologise to this bloke.
    Secondly, Mr Wobble, what on earth are you on about - you trying to be some sort of councellor here?

I read that first post, and it was blaringly obvious that the geezer was in hospital and couldnt talk to you for the obvious reason his nan was in trouble.

I mean, for fucks sake, how long did u go without talking to him?! a few days?! I know exactly what id do in this situation if i was him and id run a mile.

Im glad youve got it sorted and your happy but you really do have to look at yourself and realise that was completely selfish.
    It doesnt take a rocket scientist to realise that he went to the hospital, then suddenly on the saturday he didnt want to talk to you. Sending texts demanding answers is bang out of order.

Rant over!
  • Options
    Dear oh dear.

Firstly i think you should apologise to this bloke.
    Secondly, Mr Wobble, what on earth are you on about - you trying to be some sort of councellor here?

I read that first post, and it was blaringly obvious that the geezer was in hospital and couldnt talk to you for the obvious reason his nan was in trouble.

I mean, for fucks sake, how long did u go without talking to him?! a few days?! I know exactly what id do in this situation if i was him and id run a mile - you may've had bad experiences in the past but give the bloke a chance!!!

Im glad youve got it sorted and your happy but you really do have to look at yourself and realise that was completely selfish.
    It doesnt take a rocket scientist to realise that he went to the hospital, then suddenly on the saturday he didnt want to talk to you. Sending texts demanding answers like that is bang out of order.

Rant over!
  • Options
    I'm so so so so sooooooooooo happy, I just went on my e mails and got a message saying he had the worst weekend of his life, on his birthday his nan had another stroke, he went out for one drink but some men beat him and his mate up and took his phone and he said he hasn't got my number now and he had to borrow some money off his mum to go to an internet cafe to e mail me but he really really misses me and he said even though it's early on he really likes me and can't wait to see me. When I read it I cried my eyes out so much through pure relief. I'm so happy now though,he still likes me yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!:D :thumb: :blush: :hyper: So blah_x2 - you were right!:)

just a tad insensitive there, you dont seem one bit caring about his gran or his mugging...

me thinks someone is really possesive
  • Options
    Oh right so me holding him the other day and crying with him when he was told his nan had a stroke and offering my support means I'm selfish..ok then..
  • Options
    Oh right so me holding him the other day and crying with him when he was told his nan had a stroke and offering my support means I'm selfish..ok then..

all im saying is from what i read, you only cried with relief he was still wnting you, and not over his gran or his mugging

sorry if i got wrong end of stick but you put it rather insensitively
  • Options
    I cried with relief to know that (a.) he still wanted me, (b.) that he wasn't in a ditch dead somewhere and (c.) that his nan wasn't dead.
  • Options
    well i didnt see the b or c part before ut now you say it, okay!
  • Options
    Don't wanna sound harsh here and I'm glad everything is ok with you and your boyfriend.

But it seems like your being a tad possessive considering the circumstances and its only the start of the relationship, just gotta watch you don't over crowd him otherwise you will end up losing him.
  • Options
    she was worried about him, it shows she cares. if you're used to hearing from/seeing someone everyday and then one day, you don't hear from or see them, then sometimes paranoia can kick in.