Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Long Sleeves in Summer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any ideas on long sleeved stuff i can wear in the summer, that i wont get too hot in, or look really obvious. Today i wore a vest top and a long sleeved white shirt...but i cant wear that everyday. So yeh, ideas would be helpful :)?

edited for lots of typos

Comments

• Options
    theres lots of tops that are thin material with long sleeves. both plain, which you could wear under other things, or patterend/designed in themselves. Also zip up sweatshirts... not sweatshirts like they will make you hot, but again in the thin material.
  • Options
    There's chiffon (sp?) material, but that can be pretty see-through.
  • Options
    thanks ill look into both of those :)
  • Options
    You can get really nice light white cotton tops with long sleeves that are really cool. Also light cotton cardigans with vest tops?
  • Options
    You could wear a long sleeved top under a t-shirt. I do that. Mind you it's pretty boiling.
  • Options
    I wear long sleeves all the time - long-sleeved t-shirts or shirts open over strappy tops - but people have started asking questions. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    You can get really nice light white cotton tops with long sleeves that are really cool. Also light cotton cardigans with vest tops?
    Thanks i'm going shoppin on saturday so i'll have a look around :)
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    You could wear a long sleeved top under a t-shirt. I do that. Mind you it's pretty boiling.
    Yeh i do do that but its so hot! an then i just roll my sleeves up without thinkin and my friends glare:(
    Originally posted by piccolo
    I wear long sleeves all the time - long-sleeved t-shirts or shirts open over strappy tops - but people have started asking questions. :(

:( it is difficult. If i have no cuts on my arms then i'll wear a t-shirt. Im getting to grips with the fact they're always gonna be there. But i always cover my wrist with a sweatband or bandage.
  • Options
    One of my friends who has very ur... "unique" style wears these black things over her wrists all the time.

They hook round the thumb and extend to nearly the elbow (like a long glove without the hand) but are made from black strectchy cotton like what socks are made from.

But nobody questions it as it fits in with her style anyway so people think it is merely a fashion statement.