Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Your first time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just a passing thought . . .

When it came to you having your first encounter of having sex did you feel scared that you wouldnt be good at it or that you would be a disapointment (sp) to your partner ??
Although im still a virgin ( sadly so ) i feel that when i think about my first time im afraid i'll be a let down.

Also just as a footer..... Do you prefer it with the light on or the light off, to answer my own question im unsure how i'd want it i think id go with how we felt at the time :p

Sorry just feeling a little curious tonight :p

Comments

• Options
    i don't see a pun?!

but in answer to your question, i didn't feel i'd be a let down even though my bloke was a lot more experienced than me. Sex gets better with practice, you learn with your partner. . . just make sure you're comfortable with them and sex will improve LOADS!

most the time for me, sex is better with lights down, not off. can be good in dark, makes every touch more sensitive. drunk and in the dark is fun too, you're not really aware of where anything is!! and lights fully on, or outside in daylight is good cos you can see everything. . . . sorry i haven't really answered your question!
  • Options
    Very worried, still am to be honest...
  • Options
    the first time I have sex with anyone I am slightly scared - its part of the excittment, the uncertainty and provides adrenaline! its a good thing!

lights? hmmmm on, off, dim, bright, in side, outside - - - there is time to try it all - different days, different things!
  • Options
    *blank*
  • Options
    i cany really remember if i was nervous or not, or in fact if the lights were off or on but i would guess they were off cos i dont like them on
  • Options
    It was pretty good for me. I had met this 29-year-old woman in a club, and anyway we went back to mine, and cos i was so fruity ( rat-arsed ), i seemed to last for ages. I could hardly feel anything. :lol: I had to keep checking that it was actually in. I must of been fucked.

Anyway, no one ever believes me, but i must of lasted about 2 hours on the first shag, then we did it again, in which i lasted about 40 minutes. I really dunno what happened, in fairness. I just couldnt cum for the life of me. So she went away thinking i was a great lay, like Les Dennis or summat.

Which was nice.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, then we met again two nights later, and i went back to hers.

I lasted about a minute. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shameless
    Les Dennis

:chin:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    :chin:

:lol::lol::lol: Yeah, maybe that was a bit too grand, that statement.
  • Options
    I dont think really that anyone isnt nervous on thier first time, its natural int it?

Lights dont bother me anymore, i normally have sex during the day anyway! Actually it depends how comfortable i am with the person.
  • Options
    i lost my virginity on saturday, i knew it would occur, i just had this feeling. i had been with him since august last year and even though he has slept with other people, i never even thought about not being better than them. i just knew id be fine, and even if i wasnt, it was my first time after all, and first times are never perfect- you are learning. im suprised i wasnt worried at all, i was just so happy it was happening i had no time to be.

i love the light on, i love to see his face and body and i love him to see mine (its by no means perfect though!). i guess its because im so very comfortable with him.
  • Options
    I wasn't really nervous with my first time, cause I was already in a comfortable relationship and it was never planned - We just went with the flow and lasted a whole 2mins :p

Even though, we aint together anymore and would probably not go out of our ways to speak to each other again as we ended badly - I still don't regret it as I will always remember the times, we were good together and loosing 'our' virginitys' together was one of them -

Look at me, turning all soppy in me old age :crying:

Edited: ~ Fixed ~
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    and loosing my virginitys' together was one of them -

u have more than one?:eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mel-H
    u have more than one?:eek2:

No he lost his to me, as I lost mine to him :yeees:

...wait noticed I said 'my' instead of 'ours'

You know what I mean... :p
  • Options
    i think the main worry for girls is that it's gonna hurt. For blokes, i can understand why you'd be worried, but if you're losing it with someone who cares about you and knows you're a virgin, they can't really expect anything more. Sex is like most things in life, it takes practice to get any good at it :)
  • Options
    I was a bit nervous as I thought it would be physically very painful. It was. The guy was the most patient person ever and I was completely at ease with him. I told him I felt nervous and he was really good about it.

I like it with the lights on as I like to be able to see my gorgeous bloke as his appearance is a real turn on, as is the way he looks into my eyes.

I also like to be able to see what I'm doing and to be able to check that the condom hasn't torn or anything.

As for him seeing me naked I don't mind at all. He accepts me as I am. If I didn't feel close enough to him for him to see me naked then I wouldn't be sleeping with him.

Whilst physically first time sex is pretty bad for most people- me included- emotionally mine was perfect. I have no regrets.
  • Options
    My first time was fucking awful, really quick and I was hideously nervous so thought I'd get shitfaced and try drugs for the first time to deal with it! (never a good idea...) :no:

The furthest I'd gone with anyone up to that point was kissing so it was a bit daunting going all the way and trying to remember what I'd read in magazines about how to do everything :lol:

I think if you're not even remotely nervous the first time its unnatural. Of course you're going to worry about whether it hurts, whether you're doing it right and so on...

For me, it didn't hurt too much - it was more just like a new sensation :lol: I don't regret it 'cuz the guy was gorgeous (!) but I imagine the first time would be a lot better if you're with someone you really care about and know cares about you.

Oh and as for the lights... dimmed. Off is too dark and fumbling around is never sexy, but full daylight shows off every lump and bump and I get paranoid he'll think I'm a porker!
  • Options
    i wasn't nervous because i'd had experience with boys before. i knew there wasn't some massive expectation for me to be brilliant on my first time either.

the lights are usually on, or at least a lamp. like.. you need to see what you're doing!
  • Options
    Don't think I was nervous, I was a bit pissed from what I can remember, but had been going out for 3 months with this lad, so we had had heavy petting, etc.

I don't mind if lights are on or off, quite often do it in daytime as thats when have house to myself when not at work.

Love
    Sarah
  • Options
    I was too surprised to be worried... I got pushed from my front door to my bedroom, and then jumped on, hehehe.

It was over too quick... but I guess thats to be expected on your first time :rolleyes:

Still, I can't have been that bad, she didn't know that it was my first time till I told her a few months later!

Oh, btw I prefer lights off...