Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Injections

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just want to complain. I hate them soooo much and I'm dreading tomorrow when I have to have my travel injections (I finally got my courage up)!

:mad: Yuck.

Comments

• Options
    Try to focus on the fact that you are helping to prevent yourself from catching something really nasty, that we are lucky to have this choice.

And stay focused on why you want to have them like where you are going.

The more exciting and exotic the destination, the more jabs it seems!
  • Options
    Stuff going in I can deal with, its when they have to draw blood I go all wierd.

Just dont look at it and try and keep breathing at your normal rate.
  • Options
    Maybe it's just me but I'm always fascinated when they inject me or trying to draw blood out :D

Just relax and look away, always have the nurse talk to you when they inject to help distract you -
  • Options
    I actually tend to look.

Anyhoo it was fine. I had to have one in each arm though and it hurts!
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    I actually tend to look.

Anyhoo it was fine. I had to have one in each arm though and it hurts!

Least you didn't get two injections on the same arm - poor wee arm was in agony :(
  • Options
    i take four injections a day for my diabetes and believe it or not i get nervous when getting a jag at the doctors and they just laugh at me. i particularly hate having my blood taken which i had done today at the diabetic clinic. i was all taking deep breaths and trying to remain calm!
    there never as bad as you think they will be though!
  • Options
    funnily enough i would rather have 10 injections than have to take one pill.

although considering i had a 6 inch needle poked through my tongue without anaesthetic, it would be silly of my to be scared of injections.

my tip is not to watch. turn your head so you can't even see the nurse in your peripheral vision. read something on the wall, or look out of the window or something.