Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Soul Mates

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do soul mates really exist?

As in you meet someone & get to know them & you share this special click which is indescribable but in you mind you feel that this is the 'one' the one you want to spend the rest of your life with.

The reason I ask is because the girl i'm seeing just sent me a text saying that she really thinks that i'm her soul mate & that we are destined to be together.

The really freaky thing is that i'd also been thinking about this thing today as well but we've never discussed it at all.

I'd been thinking that I could go away & shake my thing with loads of women but I would be doing a constant comparison between the new & the old & the old would also been a firm winner in my mind.

<br><marquee align="center" loop="infinte"><font color="666666">.:</font><font color="ff6600">Crispy</font><font color="666666">:.</font></marquee><br></font>

Comments

• Options
    i'd love to think they do:p
  • Options
    My soul buddy, was like my bestest bestest male friend. But that friendship sorta...fell through so maybe it wasn't as a unique bond as I'd always hoped it was. I considered my ex as my soul mate, I think on some level he still is because I've never bonded and found it so easy to love someone like I love him. Ah well! So yeah I think they do!

Malt xx
  • Options
    I don't believe in soul mates, even though it is a nice thought.

Not even going to get into the reasons why... cause I aint got the time or effort to start :p
  • Options
    no, but it doesn't matter because the person you fall in love with is just as good. What happened if your soul mate died 5 years ago or something, kinda depressing? :p
  • Options
    I think it's a nice idea. But also a depressing one...cos it leaves you with the possibility that you'll never find your soulmate.

i think that people could have a few soulmates...how can on single person be 'the one,' there's gotta be a few to choose from!!
  • Options
    I think there is someone that you really click with. But i think that most people dont meet them.
  • Options
    hello (this is my first ever post...go me!) anyway...
    personally i believe they do, because ive found mine and to be honest i never really believed that theres only one person out there that you are ment to be with until now.

we both actually were skeptics about fate, love, soulmates etc.. but when we met each other we just had this amazing connection....anyway im not going to sicken everyone with the mushy crap lol but yes, i personally think soulmates exist , maybe not everyone has one - but if you do then you will eventually meet. :)

take care
    x S x
  • Options
    Nice thought but no, I don't believe in soul mates. There is more than one person that any person can be happy and in love with. If something happens to my boyfriend (god forbid) then I would like to think that in time I could find someone else rather than be alone for the rest of my life.
  • Options
    I don't believe that everyone has a soul mate out there somewhere, but I believe that some people believe they've met theirs. :)
  • Options
    I think sometimes in relationships people can get carried away.

yeh fair comment, just depends on the relationship i guess. im still gonna go with "soulmates exist but not for everyone" stance. but i do understand that people can sometimes kid themselves into believing that their relationship is going to last forever because maybe they are so blinded by love and cant think otherwise?maybe?

x S x
  • Options
    I think they do exsist, to a certain extent.
    I mean, if there's only 'one' then how the hell can you manage to find them? :confused:

I think I've found mine although I am only 16 :rolleyes: because me and my now ex, clicked so well when we met it was unbelieveable etc etc. We have agreed that there is something between us, even though now we dont get on as well, that I have with no one else. :)

I am pretty confused if soul mates do actually exsist..maybe each person has a couple of soul mates?? Sorry my reply has been completely useless but :p
  • Options
    People dont believe in them until the meet their's
  • Options
    I don't believe in soul mates or the 'one'. I couldn't give myself that idea that there's just one person out there in the world for me, because that's instantly setting me up for failure. I've met a guy recently, and I won't go on about him, but I'd be happy to settle with him. If things don't work out, as hard as it may seem at the time, I'd accept that there are lots of 'ones' out there for me.
  • Options
    i dont believe in soul mates, but i believe theres people that you can click with and understand eachother, and kinda not get bored of their company kinda thing
    I wish soul mates did exist though
  • Options
    Personally, I believe that my partner is my soul mate. - but on the same hand, I think that you can find more than one soul mate in a life time.

:eek2:
  • Options
    I found my soul mate at 12 years old.
    one day we are going to get married.
    we both know this and weve decided not to get involved again till we have both experianced life more and also so we dnt risk burning out.