Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Only curious, what was that?

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
About 2 years ago, the skin at the tip of my elbows had become darker, harder and itched like crazy. It was like that for a couple of weeks, then one morning it was fine (I suppose the "bad" part fell off?). It happened again a few days later, remained a couple of weeks, then nothing ever since.
I don't know what reminded me of it now, but I was just curious what had caused that. Does anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nopes.
    But apparently one can "cure" dry skin on the elbows by placing ach elbow in half a lemon.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm no doctor...

It could be any random dry skin condition but I get eczema on my elbows, which flares up in extremes of temperature - if it's really sunny/ hot or really cold (middle of winter) .and then vanishes again.. which sounds like what you have but that doesn't mean it is the same.

Visit your GP or pop into your pharmacist who can tell you what it is and recommend a lotion/potion to help. I use E45.

Eczema factsheet

Susie :)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Thanks for your answers. I never thought it was anything serious, that's why I said I was just curious. As about doctors and lotions, I'd think about it if it happened often, but as I said it was only for a couple of weeks years ago.