Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How can I wing it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone who has seen my pictures here (scroll to the bottom) will know I'm never going to wing it on looks alone, so how can I get above average looking women to notice me? I know people will say to concentrate on my personality but in what way? How can I make myself more appealing through my personality? How do I make it fairly clear I'm interested without coming across as a Gareth Keenan-type??

Comments

• Options
    Re: How can I wing it?
    Originally posted by Russ T Bitz
    how can I get above average looking women to notice me?

with an attitude like that, y would any woman want you to like her? U make it sound like all your interested in is pulling somebody because their good looking
  • Options
    :rolleyes:

I can't change what I need in a woman, I don't get a say in it. For me there HAS to be a physical attraction. Some people don't require this, others do - but if I gave the impression that I'm only interested in looks (and for the life of me I can't see how I did) then I apologise and it is certainly not the case.
  • Options
    just seems a bit lame the way your all like 'how can i get above average woman to notice me'
  • Options
    But why is it lame? It's not as if I've decided I'm only going to find women like that attractive? It's just the way I've been made.
  • Options
    It really is all about confidence . . . some people have it and some people can fake it. Either way its good. Women (strangely ;) ) seem to count personality quite highly so choose your target and guess at what type of fella she goes for (i.e. quiet, funny blah blah) and then be that.

Of course this aint gonna work long term because its fake. To get a girl long term you just gotta be yourself and don't let your insecurities hold you back.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    you need to think more positively. if you dont think that you are worthy of a nice girl then a nice girl will not notice you. as cliche as it is to say it you need to have a bit more confidence in yourself. i personally dont think you are ugly either.
  • Options
    Thanks - next time I'm north of the border I'll buy you a drink ;):D
  • Options
    Anyone else got any suggestions before this thread falls off the forum?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Russ T Bitz
    Thanks - next time I'm north of the border I'll buy you a drink ;):D

Just watch them wandering hands meeeester :p

Anyway, when I read what you're saying, with "better than average looking", i read it as " a girl who I consider better looking than me". And that, in my opinion, is probably where you are going wrong. I think that you need to stop thinking of whatever girl you are looking at as a nice looking trophy piece and start to relate on different levels, otherwise you are constantly going in thinking that you're inferior. Which isn't going work.