Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ex-Girlfriends Birthday

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok I need present ideas that say the following ...
"Im a really nice guy and breaking up with you was a silly thing. You should really consider meeting up with me coz it might have been wrong of us to break up."

or at least make her think.. i was really sweet for remembering.

Comments

• Options
    how long ago did you break up?

i think you should probably just call her up on her birthday and ask to take her out for a meal sometime.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy

i think you should probably just call her up on her birthday and ask to take her out for a meal sometime.

:yes:

Maybe the regular thing of flowers and a card would work
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    :yes:

Maybe the regular thing of flowers and a card would work

Possibly :)

Why don't you send her one of those huge birthday cards you get, with a little note inside asking to take her to her favourite restaurant for her birthday -

Get a delivery guy to send it with a gorgeous little teddy - no flowers - they do die eventually -

When you know, she's got them - give her a ring and ask for her answer -
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Possibly :)

Why don't you send her one of those huge birthday cards with a gorgeous little teddy
    i couldnt think of anything worse. i would cringe so bad if someone sent me a giant card. tack.
  • Options
    i would find out what the deal is with her before you do any grand gestures.

if you turn up at her door with flowers and singing messengers, and she's not interested, she's gonna be really embarrassed, and you'll look stupid.

personally i'd just send her a sweet little text/email or something subtle, saying happy birthday, and that you've been thinking about her. and then see how she reacts.

if she's happy about it, take it from there.
  • Options
    i couldnt think of anything worse. i would cringe so bad if someone sent me a giant card. tack.

Well everyone is different I guess
    What would you suggest ? :chin:
  • Options
    id say test the water first too
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Well everyone is different I guess
    What would you suggest ? :chin:
    i already suggested. i dont think an ex boyfriend sending a present out of the blue is appropriate. he should call/text her and wish her happy birthday and take it from there.
  • Options
    i already suggested. i dont think an ex boyfriend sending a present out of the blue is appropriate. he should call/text her and wish her happy birthday and take it from there.

Same time it's nice to be surprised sometimes -
  • Options
    It was my birthday on Tuesday and my ex (who I know wants to get back with me even though we're both with other people) was adamant that he was going to buy me something and still is. I don't like that at all... :no:

He bought me a drink, which was fine, but then kept going on about all this expensive stuff he was thinking of getting me and stuff (which I know sounds really ungrateful for me to say, but hey). Yes its a nice thought and its sweet but... we broke up. There was a reason for that and its in the past now so, y'know...

Do you know if she's seeing anyone else? Did you break up long ago? Was it serious? I'd sit down and consider whether pulling out all the stops to get her something and spending loads of money is a good idea unless she's given you definite signals that she wants to get back together. You might just both end up feeling uncomfortable and embarrassed. Sorry!
  • Options
    call/text her something sweet, and then see how she reacts :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i agree with kaffrin. you need to be careful with this before doing something crazily big for her. by all means acknowledge her birthday but you need to find out if she is happier without you, if she wants to get back together with you, if she has moved on. if not, it could prove to be embarrassing for the both of you.

just becareful ... you dont want to get hurt again :)
  • Options
    he should call/text her and wish her happy birthday and take it from there.

So..... sorry to hijack the thread slightly..... but, do you lot think then that if an ex texts you to say happy birthday they`re still interested??
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    So..... sorry to hijack the thread slightly..... but, do you lot think then that if an ex texts you to say happy birthday they`re still interested??

I doubt I would read that much into a text. Maybe if they sent chocolate and flowers...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    I doubt I would read that much into a text. Maybe if they sent chocolate and flowers...

Yep, you`re right. Thats ok then.