Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

israel and prophecy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the whole world will come to hate you ...is there anything that can be done to stop that coming true?

Comments

• Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    I see both side sof the argument

If it wasn't for the spelling mistake I would have thought you copied and pasted from mixin... You agree with him even when he contradicts you, and now you use his expresions...
  • Options
    Please wipe your feet on the 'no personal comments' doormat when entering the forum.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    Please wipe your feet on the 'no personal comments' doormat when entering the forum.

:(

And there's me thinking that we had to wipe our feet on the stupid posts...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V

Ok Jim, but if no one tells him (many times) he'll carry on doing the same... But you are right, that is the moderators business.

*goes to wipe his feet*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    :(

And there's me thinking that we had to wipe our feet on the stupid posts...

Or the stupid posters' heads:(
  • Options
    As for the question, I have heard the opinion spoken that the problems in Israel will eventually become the Battle of Gog and Magog, the ultimate battle between good and evil. No prizes for guessing that "God's children" will win hands-down, and come to rule Jerusalem for ever more.

There really are some nutters in thsi world...
  • Options
    I was reading elsewhere about the unconditional support the hard Right/Christian fundamentalists in the US give to the Israeli government and zionist hardliners. Incredibly, part of this comes from the fundies' belief that the second coming of Christ will only be achieved if all of Old Testament Israel belongs to the Jews and David's temple is rebuilt.

Below is a quote from a news article revealing a meeting between White House officials and the fundies. It is most disturbing:
    Claiming to be "the Christian Voice in the Nation's Capital," the members vociferously oppose the idea of a Palestinian state. They fear an Israeli withdrawal from Gaza might enable just that, and they object on the grounds that all of Old Testament Israel belongs to the Jews. Until Israel is intact and David's temple rebuilt, they believe, Christ won't come back to earth.

http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0420/perlstein.php

Unfortunately for the Israelis, they might be in for more than they have bargained for if they get too close to these people. In some circles amongst the Christian fundies it is believed the Jews need to be converted to Christianity before Jesus can grace us with his presence again...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    No prizes for guessing that "God's children" will win hands-down, and come to rule Jerusalem for ever more.

yes and the scary bit is that gods children seem to be the bush family!!!!
  • Options
    Oh MR, I have to say as a believer in "ultimate justice" myself I long for the judgement where i plan to pull up a front row chair to watch the entire Bush dynasty (and their cohorts) receive their long reserved reward...

a 2'x2' ledge situated strategically overlooking the hottest expanse of the lake of fire! ;)

And Dubyah blubbering "but but but but..." as Gabriel hauls his ass away!
  • Options
    No prizes for guessing that "God's children" will win hands-down, and come to rule Jerusalem for ever more.

I don't think the bible forsaw "god's children" having nuclear weapons.
    When you see it like that I think the armageddon will be a walk over with Satan's minions being blasted back where they belong hehe
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    (We've had a falling out according to my head)
    no J ...you keep falling out of your head ...
  • Options

Indeed there are :D
    In some circles amongst the Christian fundies it is believed the Jews need to be converted to Christianity before Jesus can grace us with his presence again...

The bible actually states that the 144,000 Jews will be converted after antichrist signs a peace treaty with Israel, and many believe this will be after Big J returns for his people (ie the 'rapture').