Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Any advice?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
First off, thanks guys, to all those who provided advice to me earlier. I took your advice, bit the bullet and asked out this girl who I've always kinda liked. She said yes! Any advice on where to take her this weekend, and how to act etc?

Comments

• Options
    I didn't read your post before so I don't know the full story. But if you have anything in common, you could go there. (like if you both like a certain food, you could take her out) Act like yourself.

"It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you're not" :thumb:
  • Options
    Re: Any advice?
    Originally posted by Buseyfan
    Any advice on where to take her this weekend?

Up the arse?

Bowling is a good place to start, because it is fun and interactive. I don't like dating in cinemas, all you can do is eat popcorn and stare at the screen (Unless the film is shit).
  • Options
    Yeah, but the cinema's always a good idea if you're not sure what you guyz are gonna talk about. If you're just watching a movie then you don't have to worry about how to keep the conversation flowing! Then after that, after having spent a few hours together you could take her to dinner (something casual) and try to make her feel as comfortable as possible. Talk about whatever, funny, light things, so she'll feel more comfortable talking to you too.
    I dunno, thats what I did on the first 'date' with ma b/f and we still together 6 months later :D
    Oh and ask a lot about her (not too personal though!)

Good luck m8!
  • Options
    Spot on *§atania* :thumb:

Always if you're worried about what you could talk about, coming out of the cinema, it's a great way to break the ice, by talking about how much you loved/hated the film :D

Which always leads to talking about other things... as santania says, keep asking her questions... girls love talking about themselves no matter how many says they don't coz it makes them feel special and shows you're really interested in her -
  • Options
    Re: Re: Any advice?
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Bowling is a good place to start, because it is fun and interactive. I don't like dating in cinemas, all you can do is eat popcorn and stare at the screen (Unless the film is shit).

sorry, but I've never yet taken a girl to the cinema to watch a film !
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Any advice?
    Originally posted by solid_L
    sorry, but I've never yet taken a girl to the cinema to watch a film !

Nope, it's why I go to watch shit ones when I do:p

Personally I prefer something a bit more sociable than the cinema; but such is life. It depends how crap you are at conversation.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Any advice?
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Personally I prefer something a bit more sociable than the cinema; but such is life. It depends how crap you are at conversation.

It's not about being 'crap' on how to have a conversation - You're only human to get nervous on your first date - That's why some people prefer to go to cinema first, coz it helps to find something to talk about after it's over -
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any advice?
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    It's not about being 'crap' on how to have a conversation - You're only human to get nervous on your first date - That's why some people prefer to go to cinema first, coz it helps to find something to talk about after it's over -

Exactly! You know there are such things as shy people!