Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lost me Breath

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Today I went for a run which I aint done for a couple of days. Anyways, after only doing about half a mile, I felt I had no choice but to stop as I was so out of breath I could barely breathe which aint like me - I even felt sick coz of me breathing soo hard -Just felt like the back of me throat was closing up slightly, which made me loose my balance in breathing easy as I was jogging.

Any suggestions what could be the cause of this - I've never had asthma before, nor any related problems to it -

Could it possibly be the weather, with it getting warmer, etc?

Any help would be great -

Comments

• Options
    I'm a regular runner too and I sometimes get this problem. Recently, I think it's been because of the increase in temperature and intensity of sunlight which can really drain me when I'm running, but also traffic pollution which always seems much worse in hot weather.

All I could suggest, if you think that's the case, is to go running in late evening when the sun's gone down, the temperature's cooler and there's less traffic about.
  • Options
    I figured that, thanx -
    Though have also put it down to hay-fever as well. Not something I usually suffer from, but this year it has hit me pretty hard, with the bad doses of sneezes I've been getting. Breathing has seemed to only knock me back when I was at the park.... SO putting it down to the pollen as well -

Going to get me some of those tablets to help prevent me from getting hay-fever symtons when I go running round the park, see if that makes a difference :)