Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

cavities

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think I may have a cavitey. I've never had one so I don't exatly know for sure. I don't have dental insurance so I only go my scheduled 2 times a year. I've got one coming up in June but I was wondering if this sounds like a cavitey and if I should make an extra appt.

Its on a molar. But its not in a specific spot. Its just in the general area of two teeth. It's sensitive to pressure. Thats all. It's happened before. Every now and then the pain starts up. But after about a week or so it will go away. It has happened about 4 times in the last year and when I was in the dentist last my xrays didn't show any cavities. Could it have been that it wasn't seeable then? Also, when the pain happened the first time I got a bit of the tooth shaven down because it was a bit bigger than the rest and was hitting on the bottem teeth which caused the pain. It stopped for quite a while. Maybe it could be that they didn't shave it down far enough? Cuz it's in the same spot.

Anyways, thats my bit. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    maybe the shaving of the tooth has exposed a nerve with has made it sensitive? Id certainly ask them as they could put a coating on the top to stop the sensitivity if thats what it is.