Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sorry... scars

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I can't find what I'm looking for in one of the many topics so just thought I'd ask. Sorry for yet another topic on this though... Anyways, I have to wear a short sleaved top (and I can't wear anything over or under it) and I work with alot of people and I've noticed that people look at me. And it's uncomfortable and I don't want it. But it's not in my place to control that. So I was wondering if there are any make-up/cover-up tricks to cover up scars. (Be aware, the really gross part is right now...) Some are white and raised, others are pink/redish in color and others are like a dark purple... I don't know if I have poor circulation there or what... :/ But so they all look different and I was just wondering if there are make-up tricks so to speak to cover them up. I've tried just plain foundation and that doesn't work. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    There's some stuff in fashion about this. Will try to find the link.

Here we go, with thanks to Miffy!

Dermablend
    Veil Cover

Both are American companies - they are a bit expensive though.
  • Options
    oh my mom has dermablend I'm pretty sure. I shall try it. Thanks :)
  • Options
    Neosporin works pretty good for my scars. It minimizes the appearance and it prevents infection too.

I also put concealer on them too. Get a small brush and dip it in concealer and fill in the scar. The get a damp songe to apply foundation over it and make sure you blend it well. :thumb:
  • Options
    Will fake tan 'hide' strechmarks?????:confused: Not long had a baby and im goin on holiday next month. Cheers:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by NFFC Babe
    Will fake tan 'hide' strechmarks?????:confused: Not long had a baby and im goin on holiday next month. Cheers:p

they don't hide my white scars that resmble streatch marks, so i'm guessing no, but i guess theres only one way to find out, eh ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by NFFC Babe

From also recently having a baby, tanning helped a bit but they were still visable. My stretch marks used to be purple and HIDEOUS, but after I lost the baby fat, they became a light red. My friend who also had a baby had gone in a tanning bed and that made her stretch marks get darker. Everyone's skin is different. A tanned body does look more toned.

Stri-Vectin and Regenetrol made my stretch marks less visable though. Regenetrol flattens out the ridges of stretch marks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    From also recently having a baby, tanning helped a bit but they were still visable. My stretch marks used to be purple and HIDEOUS, but after I lost the baby fat, they became a light red. My friend who also had a baby had gone in a tanning bed and that made her stretch marks get darker. Everyone's skin is different. A tanned body does look more toned.

Stri-Vectin and Regenetrol made my stretch marks less visable though. Regenetrol flattens out the ridges of stretch marks.

Regenetrol, is that a cream or sommert?? how much is it and were can you get it from??

Also, know anywere that sells cheap fake tan thats good?! Someone said boots might be good:confused:

Cheers:)
  • Options
    if anybody is wondering, i tried that dermablend today. it covers very nicely. and it doesn't look like you have any type of cover up on so you dont have to put it everywhere or anything...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    From also recently having a baby

ooh, i didn't know that - congrats.