Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cuticles

Does anyone know a way of making cuticles become more moisturised and to stop flaking away all the time?

The skin around my nails often hurts, I bite my nails sometimes, does that cause it? As I'm not a lass I don't understand :lol:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    make sure you push your cuticles back and dont bite them!
    but i think you can but special nail moisturiser or cuitcle oil from the body shop
  • Options
    I sometimes use cocoa butter on my hands, but not always. It seems to help, slightly.
  • Options
    Soak your cuticles in a soultion of strong chamomile tea. Chamomile calms irritated skin and soothes away irritation and eases redness.

Clean your ragged cuticules by mixing two teaspoons pineapple juice, one egg yolk, and 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar. Then soak your fingers in that for about twnety minutes before you push back your cuticles with an orange stick.

Rub equal parts odorless castor oil and white iodine into your cuticles nightly.

DONT ever use a cuticle remover. its waay too harsh!
    NEVER cut your cuticles. You'll risk infection.

:thumb:
  • Options
    You can buy cuticle cream.
  • Options
    Ok, as you're all beauty smart arses, why do they call orange sticks orange sticks???
  • Options
    they're made from the wood from orange trees? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    You can buy cuticle cream.

:yes: there are many kinds out there. creams and liquids. they all work the same about. though i perfer the creams because its less messy and greasy.
  • Options
    Everytime you do the washing up and then the drying up use the t-towel to push back your cuticles. If you do this two or three time a day you won't have cuticles for much longer anyway.
  • Options
    I should explain more.

It tends to be the area to the side of my nails, rather than at the top of the nail where it meets the finger. It's the skin at the side of my nails that's the problem area, it's always flaking away or knotting into hard lumps of dry skin.

My fingers are terrible.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    Everytime you do the washing up and then the drying up

My student house has a dishwasher.

Washing up, what's that? :lol:
  • Options
    can someone please explain what the hell cuticles are, and why everyone is so desperate to be rid of them?
  • Options
    Cuticles are the bit of raised skin between the actual finger and the nail, if that makes sense.

I have no idea why people want to be rid, but the skin around mine hurts a lot.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    can someone please explain what the hell cuticles are, and why everyone is so desperate to be rid of them?
    :lol: that's typical of what I think! I used to think theywere the little white half moon shapes on the nail but then i got tol it was the skin around the edge of the nail!