Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i need some advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
okay.... erm, where to start....

some of you saw my posts a while back where i got a little jealous with my girlfriend, well quite a lot actually.

anyways, i don't get jealous for absolutely no reason. me and her both have had things we've dealt with in the past, which leaves me sometimes to either be scared of situations of losing her, or worried that there is that slight possibilty of cheating, which i dont think she'd do, but it would kill me if she did.

now i know people say you must trust your partner 100%, but, sometimes that's too dangerous a thing to do, it's not so much that i don't want to trust her with everything, but more that i'm scared to let it go from 99% to 100%, becos i'm scared of getting hurt, i've been hurt before and it scares me, so a lot of it lies down to that.

now to the point, she has a lot of guy friends, which i find very difficult to deal with, let me first just say, that i dont usually go off on this, as in start shouting etc, i usually go quiet and grumpy or get upset, i never say she cannot meet them, or talk to them, or try to dissaloy her from anything, or hit her before anyone says that, as i'm not an aggressive person.

but i'm finding it incredibly difficult to deal with these guys, she's had quite close relationships with most of then, not neccaserily intimate, but she has more than likely kissed the majority of them way back in her past. and without a doubt, more than one of them fancy her, which is very obvious, which gets me more upset, especially as they dont have there own girlfriends.

i know she loves me and shes with me, and there just her friends, but if people always thought like that, then why are there affairs in the world etc.. it pretty much all comes down to me being scared of getting hurt, which i think throughout this post i've mentioned and for the first time, admitted it to myself.

i just wanted all your views on this

btw, i understand myself, that when commenting on someones relationship, no one ever knows everything and all the ins and outs so it's complicated, but your views will be appreciated.

and i will take all your flames at me for going off in the other thread and for being jealous etc as i no it's wrong

thanks for your time

sean

EDIT: P.S. i forgot to mention that i love my girlfriend with all my heart, and that it's our one year anniversary this saturday, we're going alton towers as well on that day.... i love her, and if i can correct my jealousy, it would make us both happier, it doesnt ruin our lives, but if i can iron it out, it will always help.

Comments

• Options
    Firstly, i cannot comment on you other posts as i haven't seen then . I Rarely venture into relationships...anyway...

Theres something you have to remember, you can go through life worrying about getting hurt & never giving your all to a relatioship or you can take that chance & just enjoythe fact that she is with you.
    Have you ever told her about your insecurities?
    I personally don't think you have to trust someone 100%, just that there has to be lots of trust.
    Trust takes time & a year really isnt that long.
    If you really cant get past this then you really should talk to her about it.
  • Options
    She is with you because she wants to be. Remember that or you will end up losing her.
  • Options
    just wanna let you know i've taken both your advice.... and from a conversation me and her had last night, i'll make sure to change things