Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

undeveloped brain?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this might be a bit strange but the other week. i was talking to my mate about my other mate and his temper and how he has funny turns when drinking. the other month he had a bit to drink and went all funny and started fitting and being sick he told us he was on medication for his temper as he has a very bad temper. but the other week i got told his brain is undeveloped or behind so he is in an 18 year olds body but the mind of a 16 year old. as he doesnt know i dont know i cant ask him. does any one know what there called or a website with more information as he is getting out of control and needs help but i dont know how to go about it thanks for reading and thank you if you reply. oh i forgot to say he is on medication and has to take them every day if any ones knows of them do you know the side affects?

Comments

• Options
    Well if he is on daily medicine to control his temper they likelyhood is that its some sort of anti-psychotic drug. These in the main really do not go well with alcohol and I would advise he really does not mix them. It could be something like welbutrin and that goes badly with virtually any other drug.

As for the 'under-devolped' brain idea, erm, you may want to have a read on the MIND website, they may well have ideas. Frankly though with such a small difference in years it could well be just normal differences. If his brain was that of only a 10 year old then definately it would be an issue. But standadising to such a degree when kids go through puberty would be very troublesome.
  • Options
    These Mind booklets might help you to understand y76our friend a bit better:
    How to restrain your violent temper
    How to deal with anger

You could also try calling the Mind helpline:

Mind
    For users of mental health services, their carers, professionals and the public.
    Telephone: 0207 8020 300
    www.mind.org.uk

Or Sane:

SANELINE
    Offers practical information, crisis care and emotional support to anybody affected by mental health problems. The service is open from 12 noon until 2am.
    Telephone: 0845 767 8000 Website: www.sane.org.uk

I'm sure that they'll either give you some useful info or pass you on to another organisation that could help.
    Good luck
    :)