Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Suggestion for Iraq

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
why doesn't America bring a multi-national force in since it's not going to leave Iraq any time soon - but from countries like Egypt, Jordan, Syria etc - Iraq's neighbours. Surely these would have less of the 'evil' stigma attatched to it and would be more familiar with Iraq so I beleive that the tensions between the ordinary people and the 'liberating' force would be much less.

But at the end of the day America still wants to be the top dog.

Comments

• Options
    I very much doubt armies from those countries would be willing to go in to Iraq to "finish off what America started".
  • Options
    Not the world... the Universe itself.

Didn't you hear of that super gun Saddam had built? He was going to put Iraqi army officers in the gun and shoot them into the Moon and Mars (with other planets to follow) in order to lay claim to them and start the conquest of our solar system.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

Didn't you hear of that super gun Saddam had built? He was going to put Iraqi army officers in the gun and shoot them into the Moon and Mars (with other planets to follow) in order to lay claim to them and start the conquest of our solar system.

Surely you must know by now that sarcasm is far beyond his intellectual reaches?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Suggestion for Iraq
    Originally posted by lukesh
    just like saddam wanted to rule the world.

No that was Pinky and the Brain

They would of had more of a chance :D
  • Options
    Yep, he's being beaten up and savaged in prison, so it's OK.
  • Options
    Well everyone else is...
  • Options
    Suggestion for Iraq, fuck know, Nuke the whole place before it goes ito civil war, it may end up being nicer that way than if we keep messing it up.

That super gun was made by us Brits you know, so its bound to not work anyway, there will be leaves on one of the lines.
  • Options
    Iraq's neighbours don't have the resources to control the country but I'm sure Iran, Turkey or Israel would LOVE the chance of taking over from the the coalition.
  • Options
    Well everyone else is...

No not everyone else, evidence of 20-30 American soldiers abusing (not torturing) Iraqi prisoners has been found.

There are 100 000+ soldiers in Iraq.
  • Options

lol!

I heard he was gonna shoot babies and kittens into outer space just for fun.
  • Options
    Unfortunately that is not true. There have been 25 Iraqi deaths in custody of the Americans. At least two of them have already been declared as unlawful killings (i.e. beaten to death) while many others remain 'unsolved'.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    Surely you must know by now that sarcasm is far beyond his intellectual reaches?

Haaa ha ha haaa!
  • Options
    Yes, the Yanks are killing off their prisoners, we aren't.

As for a suggestion for Iraq, hunt down the terrorists and publicly hang any terrorists caught.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    Yes, the Yanks are killing off their prisoners, we aren't.

You are too much.
    Fucking pathetic.
  • Options
    The americans are torturing their prisoners?
    Fact or Fiction?

The British torturin prisoners?
    The last GENUINE photgraph I saw showed a lot of happy Iraqis being given mach 3 razors to shave with.

American POW camp?
    A crumbling old prison from saddam's era. Built to help get rid of prisoners.

Britain's POW camp?
    An open air complex with newly built accomodation.
    The Iraqi prisoners in the UK camp have more access to food, water, information e.t.c. than the civilians on the other side of the fence.

Have the Americans made a mess of the jobs they were given to do?
    Yes

Have the British?
    No.
  • Options
    You're living in your BNP influenced fairy tale.
  • Options
    Publicly hang terrorists?

You dont seem to understand the concept of a terrorist war do you.

Strong arm tactics NEVER work! You show me ONE example of when terrorists were beaten by pure force, please, just one.
  • Options
    Show me an example where they've been beaten by giving them strawberry flavoured lollipops?
  • Options
    My nerve response to that is just to tell you to fuck off, but, whats the point? As Blagsta so rightly points out some people on here dont actually want to debate at all, they just want to state their views.
  • Options
    Get a grip. You're as open to others opinions as everyone you keep bitching about.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Show me an example where they've been beaten by giving them strawberry flavoured lollipops?

I'm sorry, but how is this debate? How is this useful in any shape or form? Was I suggesting we lay down and let terrorists rule over us like God's?

No.

Your comment was pointless and therefore totally missed my point.

I am open to others points of view, but not when they are childish crap.
  • Options
    I lay out the exact same kinf of argument as you do, yet I am childish and you're not.
    Keep believing your own bullshit.
  • Options
    I really have no desire to argue with you over this.

Whowhere was suggesting that we publicly hang terrorists.

Now, to me that would be greatly counter-productive.

I asked Whowhere when strong arm tactics have ever worked in a terrorist situation. To which I havent got a reply.

Then you comment about lollipops.

I'm not sure where the comparison is drawn.

Can you give me an example of when strong arm tactics have been successful?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    My nerve response to that is just to tell you to fuck off, but, whats the point? As Blagsta so rightly points out some people on here dont actually want to debate at all, they just want to state their views.

lol! Blagsta is the king of debate-dodging insult-posting!
  • Options
    Unfortunately that is not true. There have been 25 Iraqi deaths in custody of the Americans. At least two of them have already been declared as unlawful killings (i.e. beaten to death) while many others remain 'unsolved'.

Yeah there are 2 proven cases (there are probably more but still not a huge amount) out of a large prison population.

I'm sure there are unlawful killings in the European and American domestic prison population too.

The best policy for the Americans would be to let some high-level heads roll (rumsfeld?). Then make sure that the soldiers who are convicted should be fired from the army and jailed for a long time.
  • Options
    You haven't got a reply cos I've been at work :p

Maybe thats a bit harsh, I only suggested it because maybe it would act as a deterrent, but realising the middle eastern pysche they're bound to take offence and use it as an excuse for revenge.
  • Options
    If you look at any situation where there is a terrorist group operating within a civian population if you go in heavy then you end up making it much worse.

Israel and Northern Ireland pop to mind as classic examples.