Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

urgent help needed for may ball- boobs/bra issue!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right... it's my big leaver's ball this Friday... I've got this long satin slinky dress from Monsoon, looks lovely, but I can't wear a bra with it cos the back's too low.

I've seen those backless bra things you can get...but I have no money, and no time to go and buy any.

The 2 problems I have are: 1) nipples showing thru the dress, and 2) i feel like my boobs ae too small and look crap in the dress.

now...does anyone know some simple tips/ things i could do to solve these problems on the night??

i.e. sellotape to cover nipples...i think i heard that sumwhere... and ways to possible uplift my boobs...without a bra..

arg :crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    You can get boobie lifters from places. They are like, a big bit of tape that holds your boob like you have a bra on. They are expensive though. And I dont know the proper name hence boobie lifters. Sorry :<
  • Options
    lol i'd love to see the face of the shop assistant:

"can I have some boobie lifters please???"
  • Options
    its generally called toupee tape. although aparently you can use a plaster to cover the nipple thing. try it out tomorrow and see if it covers them
  • Options
    Places like La Senza sell things that give lift and apparently sulpture you... not sure how much they are or even if they work... saw them when i was searching for tit tape earlier for my ball dress....

anyone know where i can buy tit tape?? *pleads*
  • Options
    Re: urgent help needed for may ball- boobs/bra issue!!
    Originally posted by ryoko_rock
    I've got this long satin slinky dress from Monsoon

Sounds very gorgeous:yes:

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    if youre small chested and relatively pert, then I think u should just go bra-less. Dont fret about it.
  • Options
    I saw an advert on tv for this bra that has no straps and no back.... it just sticks on the front of your boobs... you can make you boobs a cup size or 2 larger if you want to as well....

Dunno how much they are though :S Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cute_Baby_Bear
    anyone know where i can buy tit tape?? *pleads*

Oasis sell 'Hollywood Tape' which is the same thing or try this
  • Options
    i saw Hollywood Tape in Superdrug a few months ago not sure if they sell it now though.
  • Options
    la senza sell tit tape and M&S sell nipple plasters.

:)
  • Options
    hmm... paperBprincess the plasters idea sounds good...

arg i need 2 go to la senza....but the closest one i know is in kingston, i dont kno if ill have time 2 go there!!

maybe i will take ranbow brite's advice and just face it without a bra... :nervous:
  • Options
    TBH I've just used double sided sellotape before, with a low cut halterneck to create a better cleavage. Problems with this are:

1. It comes off after a few hours. This is fine while sober but when on the dancefloor with all your workmates it's not REALLY a good idea to be hefting your boobs around inside your top trying to get them back in place

2. It can leave you with burst blood vessels after - bit like a sucky

However, it's cheap and reasonably effective. Though I do agree with whoever said you'll be fine without.
  • Options
    Claires accessories sell tit tape, too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    Claires accessories sell tit tape, too.
    That's what I was going to add!

And it's much cheaper there than in lingerie shops.

I once had to do a dance show as a Hawanian girl in a bikini and grass skirt. It was a padded plunge bikini and the dance involved lots of risky acrobatic moves... parcel tape kept me in nicely!
  • Options
    Muchas gracias everyone!! In the end i got these nipple cover things, and faced the ball without a bra!! It looked cool though, and the ball was great!

(for pictures you can see my livejournal, i'll put some up there soon...)