Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The pill and spots.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went to the doctor about spots a while back last year sometime an got stuff for them. One of the things she suggested was the pill. I didn't take this option we tried this gel instead. However they have started to come back an im self concious an my confidence falls. I think I might ask about the pill cause also I get real sore period pains at the beginning almost everytime an I just want to curl up. Has anyone else had the pill for spots? Did they find it worked well?

Comments

• Options
    I think it varies from person to person. One of my friends took it for her spots and it really didn't make much difference. Some pills, such as microgynon are recognised for making spots/acne worse with some people. Dianette seems to help more people in my (poor, male) experience.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Hi, is there not a cream you can use for spots? You can get it over the counter at the chemist.

Other than that, im not exactly educated on the pill lol sorry.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    I think it varies from person to person.

totally. you can never tell what will happen with female hormones.

i'm on microgynon, which apparently is supposed to make you gain weight and get spotty. but for me, i lost weight and my skin cleared up.

it's about finding one that suits you - that's closest to your natural hormonal balance.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i'm on microgynon, which apparently is supposed to make you gain weight and get spotty. but for me, i lost weight and my skin cleared up.
    :( It's helped me go from fat and spotty to fatter and spottier, and has done naff all for the period pains it was supposed to be sorting out. Sulk. (Incidentally, yes, I will go back to see my GP).
  • Options
    Dianette. :thumb:
  • Options
    *blank*
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

When i was first on microgynon i did that, and thn i went back on it and i gained weight :( but im not on it anymore and im gaining weight for other reasons :nervous:
  • Options
    Re: The pill and spots.

• Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    Dianette. :thumb:

I'd go along with that.

It worked brilliantly for me and for one of my mates too. I know it's different with different people but it's definately worth a try
  • Options
    Thanks yeah just whether I have the confidence to tell doctor what I would like to do. I just sometimes go along wit whatever when I would like to try that.
    Plus the people who tried the pill did they stay on it? Really think it sounds good. I start to feel ugly when I get spots (not attension seeking).
  • Options
    Originally posted by angel1886
    Plus the people who tried the pill did they stay on it?

I've been on Dianette for about 2 years I think so yeah, I've stayed on it for a while. It didn't work straight away with me though, took a few months and then it started to clear my skin up brilliantly.
    Obviously it works differently with different people but that's my experience...hope it helps :)
  • Options
    I think I will get this gel stuff in that case. I have a ball in a month seriously want rid of em.
  • Options