Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

N.H.S jobs (ambulance dept)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So my hubby sent of for an application form for a job as an ambulance Driver/Care Assistant, anyways when the pack came back today it made me wonder why people just dont want jobs in this industry.
So if you want to apply for a job within the N.H.S, the same job as this advertised do you realise that after all tests/interiews etc your lookin at 6 months ?
Yeah from the closing dates, interviews, medicals, fitness training etc it can take upto 6 months to actually get a job.
Now I know they have to be strict and i know they have to vet everone but if it takes 6 months to actually get through the whole process is it any wonder why people actually give up and just work in a factory ?
Can I just add this job was for NON urgent care transport, like taking people for hospital appointments etc.

Comments

• Options
    But imagine the fuyss over any NHS mistakes, well worth getting good staff and it can't put people off that much considering the NHS is the largest single employer in all of Europe I do believe........
  • Options
    Yeah but lets assume someone already has a job but they want a change in career is their employer gonna let them have time off for these interviews/tests ? I dont think so, do you ?

I know they need to be strict, but its not like this job is to be a brain surgeon is it ;)
  • Options
    Interviews always take place about two weeks/one month after closing date in any company.

None will appoint without medical clearance - particularly for a job where you need to be "fit"

After that, I would be surprised if the fitness training wasn't part of the job anyway, and that people would only do this after they had been appointed...