Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

breakups

me n my bf hav bin over for just under a month now n i really did love him. i still do n i have problems with sleepin and all that now because i still can't stop thinking about him and how much i miss him. he wanted to be friends but that never happens does it. I was just wonderin, tho i aint over him yet, does this whole havin to get over someone get easier as u get used to it? If it doesn't then i'll just give up guys and spend my money on better things like skunk:(
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    awww *huggies*. Trust me it will get better. i know it doesnt seem like it at the moment, but you'll feel better soon. dont go buying skunk, spend your time and money hanging out with your friends - they really will herlp you through this time. Keep your chin up, and remember that it's his loss not being with you :D
  • Options
    Re: breakups
    Originally posted by Janjan
    I was just wonderin, tho i aint over him yet, does this whole havin to get over someone get easier as u get used to it?
    yes, like any sort of unhappy feeling, you learn that it will be over soon and ways in how to cope and get over it more quickly.
    chin up :)
  • Options
    It does get easier with time... But you have gotta give it time... Although it's hard, try not to think of him as much, think of other things instead, find a new hobby or something to do to take your mind off how you are feeling.
  • Options
    aww huni *hugs* it does get easier honest, it takes time though. Try going out with your mates, or just doing things to keep busy and your mind off it? but nothing that could hurt you though! :)
  • Options
    bah, thanks people. I aint too bad most of the time, it's just at weekends and night when I'm alone. I recently got a job which keeps me busy and I like doing so I do over time as much as I can, might as well for the money. None of my mates really understand how I feel at the mo because they've never had serious relationships. My best mate hasn't even hung around with me since it because I get upset some times and he can't handle that. Talk about men being useless :mad: ....no offence. lol
    newho, thanks peeps. im organisin goin 2 rock climbin soon :)
  • Options
    about the men being useless thing :yes:
  • Options
    Men who would have em! hehe
  • Options
    hate to bring the subject back up again but it;s somethin like 4 months off now and i still feel like shit and can't move on. it;s alot worse than i thought and its killin me.
  • Options
    Because of my own recent relationship problems I went to see my mum and asked her at what point she felt like she was in the wrong relationship (with my dad) - she said 'just before you were born'!! The were together until I was 21!!
    You don't need to be in a relationship where things are so badly wrong. i know that it is hard when you are in the thick of it but i hope that one day a time comes where you think 'i don't care anymore'

It is trite to say 'time is a healer' but I bet everyone says it to you - that's because they have been through it and they REALL do know!
    :confused:
  • Options
    Do you still see your ex?? The saying I like and I think it is spot on is "Out of sight, out of mind". This worked wonders for me although time is also part of it.

I split up with my first love about 2yrs ago and anytime I see her I still feel strange around her even though we have both moved on and we both have new partners. It does get better.