Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Student support forms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I imagine some people have already filled in the PN-1, I have got fed up of waiting for the online application system to be uploaded, these new fangled things always go wrong, so I've got a hard copy instead. Couple of questions, what is an ART number? It asks for the applicants ART number and later for that of their parents, haven't got a clue what that is.

Also, in the loan part of the form near the end, when it asks 'how much loan would you like?' Isn't it up to them to tell you what you're entitled to based on the information you have given on the form?! I don't know what to put there.

Also why does it not seem to take into account parents' income for the financial year 2004/5? My dad is retiring in a few weeks, so whereas his income this year was miles over the threshold for minimum loan, next year his income will be considerably less, but this doesn't appear to be taken into account on the form?

And finally, what happens after you send the PN-1 off? Do you get some kind of acknowledgement through the post, what is the next step in the process? Cheers.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Is the PN1 the form for 2nd year and up?

If so

ART number can be found on any official forms from the loan company, your paretns wont have one unless they are getting/repaying a loan to the SLC.

You normally dont get a reply unless you send a self addressed card with it. And Im not sure how they work out your new loan amount if one of your parents is retiring.

Also, tick the box that says, maximum amount! :p
    I'm not sure, but I think the amount of loan you get dosent change that much from year to year unless something drastic happens.

Bopz
  • Options
    Bopperz the PN-1 includes first year undergrads.
  • Options
    I left the ART number blank museman because I couldn't find one and that was for going into the 2nd year. God knows what I did last year. Or should I say I left my mum to fill it in both years. ;)
  • Options
    My art number was on the top of the letter i received with the form, so look there if you havent. By the way im going into the second year, if that helps.
  • Options
    Are you sure Muse Man?

I swear you fill out a differant form in the 2nd year onwards etc

Bopz
  • Options
    Forms

Ah I think we were both a bit confused there judging by previous posts, see above. PN1 is for new students, PR1 is for continuing students, they look pretty similar from scanning over them.

So you will have done the PR1. I rang the loan company today and they told me that even though usually they work out support based on your parents' income from the LASt financial year, they will take changes of income into account if they are very pronounced, which they certainly are for my family as both parents are retiring. So if anyone's parents' income will be markedly reduced this next financial year, do mention it, you might save quite a lot on tuitiion fees and get more loan.
  • Options
    im coming towards end of my 1st yr of uni, do i have to fill in another bunch of forms???
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    im coming towards end of my 1st yr of uni, do i have to fill in another bunch of forms???

yes
  • Options
    shit will my uni have em or do i have to get them from my council???