Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

unreal tournamnet 2004

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
can i just say its AMAZING and i got it working on my lappy at nice detail smoothly,okay it takes up 6gig of hd space and my lappy is an athlon 64 with a ati radeon mobility 9600 but still it a brand new game out so yeh but ah well and its soooo fun especially onslaught mode :D:D:D just wanna play it on net now

anyone else play it yet?

Comments

• Options
    You lucky buggers! I couldn't get the last version of UT to work on my PC. :crying: The original UT runs fine though. Go figure. *shrugs* I can't wait to give the UT04 demo a go though.
  • Options
    I play it whenever I get the chance. Great game, probably the best FPS I've ever played.

If you start an onslaught game, bring down the console and type this, summon OnslaughtFull.ONSGenericSD, you unlock the secret vehicle.
  • Options
    gotta try that wen i get back, cant beat the leviathan surely, i jus wanna play it over net :D it fun fun fun

original UT does rule though still play it on this pile of crap and still play it on my new comp even though it that old ican run it in software with full graphical effects and it runs fast still (of course i use my ati radeon normally though)

have u tried single player yet? the computer AI is bloody brilliant, it aint jsut like higher difficulty = more accurate, they actually get more intelligent it annoying sometimes
  • Options
    I have mucked about with bots. On the higher settings they're better than most real-life players.

If you want a proper game have a lan party. Yes it's pretty geeky but it can be good fun. We only had 6 players but the onslaught levels are well done it was quite intense at some points. Combined with a BBQ it's a great night.

I'm proud to be a geek!

There have been vehicle ctf maps released based on Halo which are *whispers* better than the original.
  • Options
    I have never played this game? Would you recommend it; bearing in mind I like slower paced FPS games like Operation Flashpoint, and the Battlefield series.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    I have never played this game? Would you recommend it; bearing in mind I like slower paced FPS games like Operation Flashpoint, and the Battlefield series.

Maybe not. Unreal is really fast paced. There can be some tactics to it but not a lot really. There's a review and demo here. It's worth giving it a try.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ut2004/review.html
  • Options
    i done the secret veichle command but it appears to be locked for both sides and for wot i saw, ITS A TOILET, what a way to go!
  • Options
    I love that game!!:D Onslaught levels are good, the Goliath tank is my favourite vehicle. Even managed to shoot a few Raptors down with it. I found the AI to be stupidly good when I set it to godlike and gave everyone instagib rifles. I got slaughtered something like 15-6 lol:(
  • Options
    Yeah Onslaught is great. If you have balanced teams. All the expert players seem to hang about together and hammer crappy players. Like me. Bastards.

A patch is coming out soon apparently.