Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hi, question for yas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
have you ever felt that you have been put on this planet for a reason to do something or to help someone?

Comments

• Options
    Just to be an annoying, useless bint. :)
  • Options
    The longer i live the more and more convinced i become that i was put on this earth to disqualify George Bush from the human race for pushing!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    so guys can have there way with me.

. . . nice . . . ;)
  • Options
    Re: hi, question for yas
    Originally posted by Sgt Hicks
    have you ever felt that you have been put on this planet for a reason to do something or to help someone?
    herbs and healing.
    herbs and relaxing.
    herbs and repairing.
    herbs and getting high.
    herbs and getting arrested.
    'errbs innit.
  • Options
    I dunno, I 've never really thought about it. I don't think each of us are here as individual's to do something, it's rather through mass interaction with other people that we (as an individual)achieve something. Although I suppose you can break that down to say you are here to help someone else, or have a direct effect on their lives.
  • Options
    I was deffo put here to talk........gawd I never shut up :p
  • Options
    nope cos that would imply that you believe in destiny and fate and all that bollocks so no, basically.
  • Options
    To be the lovely friendly person I am, of course.
  • Options
    no it wouldnt if you had to do something then it would be destiny etc, jus feeling that you should do something is different
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    nope cos that would imply that you believe in destiny and fate and all that bollocks so no, basically.
    How would it imply anything of the sort? I don't believe in destiny, or fate, but that I can control my own direction. But I still think I was put on earth for a reason, even if that reason is just to live.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    But I still think I was put on earth for a reason, even if that reason is just to live.

In that case everyone would have been put on the Earth for that reason, so I'm assuming Sgt Hicks meant an individual reason, specific to that person.

If he did, then it would mean you've been put here to fulfil your destiny.
  • Options
    But I still think I was put on earth for a reason, even if that reason is just to live.

See i don't think we were put here for any reason. We exist thats all, same as every other plant animal etc. I think that its just hard for us to accept that our lives mean very little in the big picture so we attempt to justify our existence.

Which would mean that my serious answer to this question is no, i was not put on this planet for any reason. But fuck it while i'm here i'm gonna tear the place up a bit
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    In that case everyone would have been put on the Earth for that reason, so I'm assuming Sgt Hicks meant an individual reason, specific to that person.

If he did, then it would mean you've been put here to fulfil your destiny.
    Well, that's the distinction you need to make I suppose. But in terms of mass interaction, everyone would have a function to fulfill in any case. If you work in a supermarket, and you sell food to the next genius who discovers cold fusion is possible, then that's your reason for living (or your destiny)?

I'm playing devil's advocate, it's been ages since we've had a decent debate in this place.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jon_UK

Which would mean that my serious answer to this question is no, i was not put on this planet for any reason. But fuck it while i'm here i'm gonna tear the place up a bit

yea, what he said. except the tear the place up. i think i'll just sit around and be as nonchalant as possible :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jon_UK
    But fuck it while i'm here i'm gonna tear the place up a bit
    and here lies the problem jon.
    has there been some genetic mutation within our speciew or even race?
    consume ...own ...destroy ...consume ...own destroy ...hic ..
    con ..hicsumr.
    But fuck it while i'm here i'm gonna tear the place up a bit [/QUOTE] and here lies the problem jon.
    con ..hicsumr.
    But fuck it while i'm here i'm gonna tear the place up a bit [/QUOTE] and here lies the problem jon.
    con ..hicsumr.
  • Options
    are you drunk roll?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    and here lies the problem jon.
    con ..hicsumr.
    But fuck it while i'm here i'm gonna tear the place up a bit and here lies the problem jon.
    con ..hicsumr.
    But fuck it while i'm here i'm gonna tear the place up a bit and here lies the problem jon.
    con ..hicsumr.

Ah ... an eloquent retort Mr Roll. :)

Yet again i have been hoisted by my own patard! ;)
  • Options
    Well, that's the distinction you need to make I suppose. But in terms of mass interaction, everyone would have a function to fulfill in any case. If you work in a supermarket, and you sell food to the next genius who discovers cold fusion is possible, then that's your reason for living (or your destiny)?

Still, on the scale of importance, the guy who figures out how to make cold fusion possible ranks alot higher than the guy who sold him food. If that guy hadn't sold him food, he'd simply have bought it from someone else, but it would take a true genius to figure out how to make cold fusion possible.

So in that respect, the guy who sold the food doesn't have a defining purpose he's been put here to fulfill.

This is assuming of course, that you actually believe in destiny :razz:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Still, on the scale of importance, the guy who figures out how to make cold fusion possible ranks alot higher than the guy who sold him food. If that guy hadn't sold him food, he'd simply have bought it from someone else, but it would take a true genius to figure out how to make cold fusion possible.

So in that respect, the guy who sold the food doesn't have a defining purpose he's been put here to fulfill.

This is assuming of course, that you actually believe in destiny :razz:
    But why should we rank someone as more or less important than the other? Surely that's just an elitist approach and in equality everyone should be viewed the same, regardless of their efforts? Do I believe in destiny? I think in some cases yes, in others no. Destiny is too simplified a concept, as is non-destiny. Like all things I believe there is a middle ground for it.
  • Options
    But why should we rank someone as more or less important than the other? Surely that's just an elitist approach and in equality everyone should be viewed the same, regardless of their efforts?

'We' aren't ranking them. Assuming whatever I've been saying up 'til now is true, then whoever or whatever decides everyones unique destiny ranks them.

Anyway, the thread starter asked if anyone feels like they were put here for a reason. The person who sold the cold fusion guy food's reason for being here isn't going to be apparent to him, while the cold fusion guys reason would be.
  • Options
    Destiny doesn't exist but in other cases maby it does, i was trying to say do you personally feel from within that you have been put on this earth to do something, not has someone else put you on this earth to do something.

I feel I was put on this earth to help people and to guide people the right way.

that is what i mean not if destiny exists or not, way off track to the actual question.

so does that help anyones understanding of the question in hand?

hicks
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bob_Da_Spider
    Destiny doesn't exist but in other cases maby it does, i was trying to say do you personally feel from within that you have been put on this earth to do something, not has someone else put you on this earth to do something.

If you had been put on here to do something, it more than likely would have been by an entity/God/whatever, otherwise you'd have been 'accidently' put here to do it. Doesn't exactly add up, does it?
    that is what i mean not if destiny exists or not, way off track to the actual question.

It's not off track at all. The two go pretty much hand in hand, whether you realise it or not.
  • Options
    i don't know. but i sometimes get the feeling that something is guiding me a certain way.

there have been a lot of very unlikely things i've done that i would never have thought do do normally, or chances that have just seemed a little bit constructed. might just be my imagination though.
  • Options
    I am going to govern the country
  • Options
    ^^^

What he said :thumb:
  • Options
    to fuck up
  • Options
    i've been put her to make sweet sweet music :)

and to see bong become prime minister:p

actually, that would be a great thing..............ummmmmmm.
  • Options
    Re: hi, question for yas